TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9lya

Very nice radio.. I like it a lot.
However the way the local communist run our Public Safety is pathetic..

The radio works great decoded NXDN just fine..
However all I can hear on the PD frequencies are City Buses in Mitchell Indiana and Bedford Indiana.
No Idea where the police and fire are.. Ill give it till the weekend, but I am sure that is the case here..

Ill be retuning it to AMAZON Monday.

lou9155

i doubt you have communists in any public service position. did you even make an attempt to use the software to program?

n9lya

Really...

i doubt you have communists in any public service position. did you even make an attempt to use the software to program?

Yes I did program the scanner..

As far as my comments about communists..

Beware any Government agency the people can not monitor.. ! aka since they work for the people...

Last edited:

kc8gjh

Premium Subscriber
Very nice radio.. I like it a lot.
However the way the local communist run our Public Safety is pathetic..

The radio works great decoded NXDN just fine..
However all I can hear on the PD frequencies are City Buses in Mitchell Indiana and Bedford Indiana.
No Idea where the police and fire are.. Ill give it till the weekend, but I am sure that is the case here..

Ill be retuning it to AMAZON Monday.

Did you program just the VHF frequencies or did you also program in the SAFE-T for Lawrence County? Bedford PD and Lawrence County both use encryption on their NXDN VHF frequency. Bedford uses encryption on their SAFE-T talkgroups.

n9lya

Did you program just the VHF frequencies or did you also program in the SAFE-T for Lawrence County? Bedford PD and Lawrence County both use encryption on their NXDN VHF frequency. Bedford uses encryption on their SAFE-T talkgroups.

According to the software I have the VHF Frequencies as well as 2 Safe-T talk groups.
So bear with me on this..
On VHF I had to go in and change NFM to NXDN so I could decode any NXDN on the specified frequencies that are NXDN.. Could not automatically program them as they came up NFM..

On the Trucked side of things I will have to look and see if it knows if any or all are NXDN..

With that said I have a Radio Shack scanner that has the P-25 SafeT System programmed in.

I see nothing on RR Site that indicates the Safe-T System has any NXDN? If it does I need to see if I can listen for it on the TRX-2 so far on the IPH Safe-T P25 system I have heard nothing on the TRX2 yet my Radio Shack P25 scanner hears well but nothing listed for, nor heard in Lawrence county .. I will work on this more to make sure I am understanding everything. Days like this I miss the old crystal Scanners.. lol

Thanks Jerry
>>>>>
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P25)

System Name:
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P25)

County:
2 counties

System Type:
Project 25 Phase I

System Voice:
APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

Last Updated:
August 2, 2017, 4:47 am (Changed Site # 037 (Indianapolis ISP Post) to 037 (Indianapolis ISP Post))

kc8gjh

Premium Subscriber
SAFE-T is not NXDN. It is P-25. Only the VHF frequencies in Lawrence County are NXDN. I dont have a TRX-2 but if the programming is anything like the others you have to import the SAFE-T towers in Lawrence County and whatever talkgroups that you wish to listen to. You have 2 SAFE-T towers in Lawrence County and numerous local talkgroups along with the State PD talkgroups and others available. Bedford PD is encrypted on both so you will not be able to listen to them but Lawrence County, Mitchell and others have numerous talkgroups on SAFE-T. The newer scanners can throw you a curve on programming if you are not familiar on how they work.

n9lya

Thanks

SAFE-T is not NXDN. It is P-25. Only the VHF frequencies in Lawrence County are NXDN. I dont have a TRX-2 but if the programming is anything like the others you have to import the SAFE-T towers in Lawrence County and whatever talkgroups that you wish to listen to. You have 2 SAFE-T towers in Lawrence County and numerous local talkgroups along with the State PD talkgroups and others available. Bedford PD is encrypted on both so you will not be able to listen to them but Lawrence County, Mitchell and others have numerous talkgroups on SAFE-T. The newer scanners can throw you a curve on programming if you are not familiar on how they work.

I will look deeper into this... I have had my Safe T P25 on my radio Shack Scanner for years. Perhaps I am monitoring the wrong tower.. Currently monitoring the Bedford Tower.

I will also work closer with the TRX-2 and see if I can verify the programming and or make changes as needed..

I was pretty sure SafeT was only P25 but got confused with one of the earlier replies. Thanks..

Jerry

n9lya

Ok there is nothing in Lawrence county on P25
All Police went NXDN and Encrypted... and been monitoring Bedford Tower for 5 hours not a peep.
I got this info confirmed, from the County EC. Even the VFD in Lawrence county is nxdn and encrypted.

GAME OVER!

Thanks Everyone.. Have a great day.

The day of Public Safety listening has ended in my Area anyway.

DJ11DLN

The P25 talkgroups are likely patched from the local NXDN systems, so whichever ones aren't ENC on the P25 side you should be able to hear. Also, be sure you have the new P25 system for Safe-T programmed. Did you update your other scanner? They deactivated the old Mot II system earlier this year and it is strictly P25 trunked as well as the modulation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.