TRX-2: NXDN Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I am not receiving no NXDN audio, only receiving 3 bars and no audio, but when I playback the SD card on my windows 10 Computer, it transmits for 2 seconds and that's it. I even went so far and reformatted my card and that didn't help. I am trying to monitor frequency 155.535 which is the Bluefield VA PD, and they are not encrypted because I have checked with the Chief of Police. I have been working with Whistler, and I had no luck in fixing this issue. They sent me a file that is supposed to work out bugs with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004

RichRuiz

Premium Subscriber
I am not receiving no NXDN audio, only receiving 3 bars and no audio, but when I playback the SD card on my windows 10 Computer, it transmits for 2 seconds and that's it. I even went so far and reformatted my card and that didn't help. I am trying to monitor frequency 155.535 which is the Bluefield VA PD, and they are not encrypted because I have checked with the Chief of Police. I have been working with Whistler, and I had no luck in fixing this issue. They sent me a file that is supposed to work out bugs with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004
Is your squelch too high? I ran into that issue with a phase ii system. Turned it down and audio was fine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

anelson5004

Squelch is set at 10. Programmed frequency as NXDN Conventional. I am also connected by an outdoor antenna pointing directly at Bluefield VA.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
ok have you tried to move closer to one of the nxdn systems to see if more signal helps matters as well as turning on the attenuation to see what happens. I am monitoring a county system that has 7 sites and it works great with 3 bars all the way up to 5 bars.

SCPD

QRT
I've got the same scanner, have you tried just doing a random search just to see if you can pic up on any other NXDN sites? I'm running the newest firmware, before I sent this reply I made sure mine still could pick up NXDN and it did, so your TRX2 should be able to also

BrianG61UK

anelson5004

TRX-1 or TRX-2 ?

BrianG61UK

I am looking to restore the entire scanner, not just the global settings on the EZ Scan Software

In EZ-Scan "Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card for use" on the "Scanner/SD card" menu is the nearest.

I suggest you do it on a new SD card, keeping the old one as a backup.

It doesn't re-do some of the for convenience stuff (like putting a copy of EZ-Scan on the SD card so new users have it to hand).

Bill1426

I had an issue with not being able to receive anything digital (P25, NXDN, DMR, etc).
I talked to tech support.
It's been over 2 weeks and no one has gotten back to me.. So I returned the unit..

Status
Not open for further replies.