TRX-2: PC Programming Problems fro TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurennntaps

I've decided to use the PC programer for my TRX-2. I had programed everything on it before by hand but it just takes too long. I do all the steps on the computer and put the card back in the scanner & turn it on & when I push scan it pops up as "Nothing to Scan". Am I doing something wrong? I've followed videos & everything you youtube on how to add the frequencies to the software to the memory card & I have just given up. Can anyone help me?? Please??

DJ11DLN

You need to assign each object to a scan list. If no scan list is assigned, you will get the "nothing to scan" error, also if you don't have any scan lists checked (enabled). It's an easy mistake to make when you are new to E-Z Scan. Click on the far right of each line and you'll get a dialog box that will allow you to assign a scan list. Make sure the scan list(s) you want are checked in the menu on the scanner and you should be off and running.

laurennntaps

still nothing

I have scanlists set. Attached are pictures. Is this correct? It still comes up as "nothing to scan".

Attachments

• IMG_6909.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6909.JPG.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_6907.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6907.JPG.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_6908.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6908.JPG.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 497

laurennntaps

You need to assign each object to a scan list. If no scan list is assigned, you will get the "nothing to scan" error, also if you don't have any scan lists checked (enabled). It's an easy mistake to make when you are new to E-Z Scan. Click on the far right of each line and you'll get a dialog box that will allow you to assign a scan list. Make sure the scan list(s) you want are checked in the menu on the scanner and you should be off and running.

i attached photos. is this right?

troymail

Silent Key
The first photo seems to show that you have used the desktop software to program one of the VScanner folders other than the default.

Note the "CDAT_VS.001" or something similar on the top bar of the PC software - which folder did you program?

Assuming you've copied the configuration to the scanner/SD card, on the radio, press MENU and then scroll down to the "V-Scanner" option and select the VScanner folder matching what you've programmed.

laurennntaps

Did you write this data to the scanner? Your software looks good but you have to write the data to the scanner.

how do you do that? i thought i did but maybe did it wrong

laurennntaps

The first photo seems to show that you have used the desktop software to program one of the VScanner folders other than the default.

Note the "CDAT_VS.001" or something similar on the top bar of the PC software - which folder did you program?

Assuming you've copied the configuration to the scanner/SD card, on the radio, press MENU and then scroll down to the "V-Scanner" option and select the VScanner folder matching what you've programmed.

when i copied the folder to the card i selected the folder.

BrianG61UK

Last paragraph of troymail's reply
I think you press left and right to choose the folder, then press SEL.
I don't really bother with the v-scanner folders myself since it never seems to work how I want it to in EZ-Scan and I get in a muddle.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Had the same issue and may have found the way to correct the problem. It may have already been found in another post, but just in case.
Scan Set #01 does not have to be set for the "Nothing to Scan" to be fixed. Whatever scan list you have set as your default just needs to have 1-200, SW in the scan list.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
does anyone have the step by step procedure to update firmware with Windows 10? For example is the trx-2 always powered off when I plug in the USB cable to the PC. Or at some point do I power ON the trx-2 to complete the firmware update from the PC. I hate to brick the trx2. Thanks

Ubbe

Always off as the SD card interface only can serve one source at the time, either the scanner or the PC.
The PC screen will tell you the steps needed. It is as simple as selecting Updates and Check for CPU Firmware Updates and when that is done do Check for DSP Firmware Updates and reading what it says on the PC screen.

I have not heard of anyone that needed to send the scanner in due to bricking it. It is always possible to recover and redo the update.

/Ubbe

BrianG61UK

Had the same issue and may have found the way to correct the problem. It may have already been found in another post, but just in case.
Scan Set #01 does not have to be set for the "Nothing to Scan" to be fixed. Whatever scan list you have set as your default just needs to have 1-200, SW in the scan list.

Basically to stop it saying "Nothing to scan" there has to be something selected that contains one or more objects to scan.

You can select a scan set that only has certain scan lists in it and as long as those scan lists are not empty you won't get "Nothing to scan".

Status
Not open for further replies.