TRX-1: Location Based Scanning Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTScannerNut

I recently got a TRX-1 and have been scanning by location (zip code) until I get a better feel for programming the scanner. I have a quick question: While scanning, the display does not show any info except the lists that it is scanning. When it stops on an active frequency it will display the relevant info. Unlike my Uniden which displays frequency, agency info, etc. while scanning for an active frequency. Can I change this or is it not possible when scanning by location only?

troymail

Silent Key
There is an "Advanced" display setting (vs. the default "Simple"). However, this will only affect what you see when the radio STOPS on activity (basic info vs. advanced/more) - not while it is scanning.

While scanning and not receiving anything, the radio will only display the names of the scanlist that are enabled. Displaying what is checking as it scans doesn't serve a whole lot of purpose - if you can read what it says in this way, it would be scanning too slowly.

MTScannerNut

There is an "Advanced" display setting (vs. the default "Simple"). However, this will only affect what you see when the radio STOPS on activity (basic info vs. advanced/more) - not while it is scanning.

While scanning and not receiving anything, the radio will only display the names of the scanlist that are enabled. Displaying what is checking as it scans doesn't serve a whole lot of purpose - if you can read what it says in this way, it would be scanning too slowly.

Yep, that's what I've discovered. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.