Whistler Scratch & Dent

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
It came with everything it would as new.
AC power cord, DC power cord, antenna, mounting bracket, screws, DIN sleeve, manual.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Original condition....

Does that mean a scanner able to have the TRBO upgrade will or will not be upgraded?

If not, why not have an option to have it upgraded before shipping??

DJ11DLN

Original condition....

Does that mean a scanner able to have the TRBO upgrade will or will not be upgraded?

If not, why not have an option to have it upgraded before shipping??
None of the radios on the page are eligible for any upgrades. They either already can decode DMR or they don't have the hardware to do it.

The only radios that could be upgraded were the Grecom PSR-800 and the Radio Shack Pro-18 (made by Grecom) and the Pro-668. Only the latter was made by Whistler and it isn't listed among the ones available.

jnlannon

NK2J
I ordered a WS1065 on 9/17 from the Scratch & Dent page on Whistler’s site and it arrived today (9/21). It came with the scanner, all the parts (none missing), and instructions directly in the shipping box and packed extremely well. While ordering the unit, there was a photo depicting the “damage” but the unit looks much better in real life. The only damage I can see is a tiny scratch on the side near the mounting hole, like the previous user missed the mounting hole with the knob. Everything else was pristine.

Two items that I took notice of that may be interesting to other members are the mounting plate came with the rubber feet stuck on already (obviously used) and the CPU firmware was a rev behind at v2.8. All in all, this was a really good purchase for the price, especially considering Amazon is selling used WS1065’s for $210~250. Hopefully Whistler continues to do this from time to time.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm thinking about getting a scanner through this program. Is it worth it or should i buy new? I'm looking at getting a ws1065.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
I just ordered my second 1095 and it should be hear soon. I’m think about also getting a few 1065s to set up my streaming system. It’s a great deal.

n0esc

Feed Provider
Just received a WS1065 with the only "scratch and dent" being a light scuff on the display. Had no problems loading our local APCO25 P1 systems and a few conventional frequencies. It's picking up everything I would expect it to on the stock antenna for the area.

My only complaint if you can call it that is I found conflicting information about there being a PCIF cable in the box so I ordered one thinking there wasn't one. Now I have two. Anyone in the market for a PC/IF cable? haha

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Mine is doing great. I got a 1095 running in my work truck, running fine. I wish they still had some of them. I might pick up some other ones after the new year. I want to get into streaming.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
The 1065 I got has been running 24/7 for my stream for over two months now. It hasn't missed a beat yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.