TRX-1: New whistler owner questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed when scanning that the screen is very hard to see much less read. I have since, turned on the backlights every time a talk group becomes active. Is this normal?

Two, when I have more than 5 scan lists running at one time, the one actively scanning is at the top of the screen. When I have less than 5 scan lists scanning, there is no movement change in scan lists. What's up with that? Everything just stays the same.

Other than that, noticeably less simulcast distortion on trx-1 than on bcd436hp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

troymail

Silent Key
I have noticed when scanning that the screen is very hard to see much less read. I have since, turned on the backlights every time a talk group becomes active. Is this normal?
Without the backlighting, it can be hard to see/read.
Two, when I have more than 5 scan lists running at one time, the one actively scanning is at the top of the screen. When I have less than 5 scan lists scanning, there is no movement change in scan lists. What's up with that? Everything just stays the same.
That list has no direct relationship between what is displayed and what the scanner is currently "checking". It's only there to let you know what is enabled.
Other than that, noticeably less simulcast distortion on trx-1 than on bcd436hp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DJ11DLN

For the display you might try adjusting the contrast.

When more scanlists than will fit on the screen at one time are enabled, they scroll while scanning. This incidentally has no relation to actual scan speed.

When an object becomes active, the scanlist containing that object shows at the top (line 1) as part of the display info.

Status
Not open for further replies.