TRX-2: TRX-2 Remote had problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

radios4bill

Hi group, I just mounted my TRX -2 in my vehicle and when I power it up the head reads waiting for main unit and never changes. Anybody know how to correct this issue? Thanks, Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
Hey Bill,
Are you using the cable that came with the TRX-2? I had the same problem. I used a cable that I built because the factory cable was too short for where I wanted to mount the body/head and got the same error. I went out and bought a new Ethernet cable the length I needed and installed it and it works great now. There was apparently something wrong with the cable I built.

Try swapping the cable between the head and the body and see if that clears it up.
Good luck!

mr1scan

Premium Subscriber
I had the same problem even with the head on the radio I thought the radio was junk but if I held the power button till it said to release it it worked fine

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
Hi group, I just mounted my TRX -2 in my vehicle and when I power it up the head reads waiting for main unit and never changes. Anybody know how to correct this issue? Thanks, Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has happened to many. You have to be sure to turn off the scanner before turning off ignition. Otherwise you'll continue to have this problem. What always fixes the problem for me is to have everything off, remove the SD card, reinsert the card, and power up to see if that fixes it.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
Try this:
· Unplug power cord from back of scanner
· Unplug USB cable from front of scanner
· Detach removable head
· Remove and then reinsert SD card
· Reattach scanner head
· Press and hold power button for 30 seconds (leave cables unplugged)
· Release power button
· Plug in power cord
· Press and hold power button until screen shows “Power on, release button”

Status
Not open for further replies.