WS1088: Auxiliary Jack Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman911tc

Hello, I have owned by WS-1088 for about 1 month now, over all I am pleased about it's performance.

I have a couple of issues, 1st issue I have tried plugging headphones into the radio and all I get is a very loud static, constant. After unplugging the head phones the static just continues until I turn the radio off and back on. This same thing happens when I try to plug the radio into an auxiliary jack in a vehicle.

2nd issue, I have learned to program different areas of the country into the radio from the keypad, but I still cannot figure out the software to program the radio. This gets pretty old and tiring deleting a lot of these channels from the scan list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
WS1088 Aux Jack Static

Sounds like the IF OUT: is ON. Go into Global settings menu on the scanner and scroll to find IF Out: set it for off and press save. If it's on the static NOISE just keeps going on and on. I save my WS1080 by pressing the arrow. Not sure how the WS1088 does it since they added a keyboard to it.
The other question is something that just comes with practice. You have to use the EZScan software to download from the LIBRARY IMPORT tab in the Software. The RRef library is updated every weekend. That's something that comes with practice. It's pretty easy once you get a scanlist made up. I do mine by County and mix Conventional AND Trunked systems. Youtube has several videos on how to program all those Whistler Scanners.

Last edited by a moderator:

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
As long as you are using your scanner by zip code, you're going to be frustrated.

I'm happy to help teach you how to program and setup a configuration.

This audio issue is interesting. I hope it's just the IF output settings.

lawman911tc

JohnnyDollar

Thank you very much it was the IF, this was driving me crazy.

As far as the other issue still haven't figured it out, but I guess I will, I have not found a video online yet that goes to the actual software programming.

I will keep trying.

Again thank you very much.

Bob

lawman911tc

AggieCon

I would except any help you could give me, maybe we can talk sometime or video doesn't matter to me, just let me know.

Thanx Bob

lawman911tc

AggieCon

I could really use some help with programming from the software, I have figured out how to put each city/county into my only scanlist which has done wonders now, but I still have to load them on the radio itself and then load that onto the computer and then divide them up.

Just let me know how we can talk, I can give you my phone number if that is the easiest way or skype doesn't matter to me, just let me know.

My email is: lawman911tc@charter.net

Thank You Very much

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got that IF thing worked out. Mine was stuck on like that once. I agree with the other poster. ZIP CODE programming is a black hole. It's terrible and you'll never hear what you want very often. I did that here in COOK CO just to see and it gives you everything so far away from your spot that the scanner can't pick signals up, it just scans and scans and rarely hits. That's why reading and looking at videos on Youtube is best before trying to program it. Making your own Scanlists, importing things into them one at a time and then uploading to THAT scanlist is better. As I said, I do mine by County.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.