TRX-1: Firmware upgrade (was: TRX-1: Ok whistler I want answers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valeriy

Well, I see the moderator has closed the thread, but I want just to say that in Europe a TETRA, dPMR and other modes upgrade would be very appreciated, and Whistler could expand beyond its "typical customer base", I suppose...

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Well, I see the moderator has closed the thread, but I want just to say that in Europe a TETRA, dPMR and other modes upgrade would be very appreciated, and Whistler could expand beyond its "typical customer base", I suppose...

As stated by the moderator that closed the thread, it was closed because the company wants suggestions emailed (also stated in the previous thread) to them as a more effective way to collect these suggestions.

Sounds like a decent idea to streamline the process, instead of having to sift through the whining and general BS that occasionally goes on around here to pick out suggestions that actually have legitimacy and merit.

So to get your voice heard, shoot Whistler an email instead.

Ubbe

Keep those kind of threads open and always post your suggestions to the forum for others to see.
It's no good hiding information.

One user might see something similar suggested to what he had in mind but it was much better and would
instead like to support that other idea and might even improve on it.

There's no point in swarming Whistler with bad ideas when there are better ones already suggested.

Keep information in the open and don't hide it by only sending private emails and not copy it to the forum.

/Ubbe

ben-scan

I'm with you on this! Modes like dPMR and clear tetra decoding would be great for many hobbyists for sure! I will write a decent plan with suggestions to whistler. I hope you guys do the same! There's still lot's of room for improvement in terms of protocols, programming software, etc.

Melv7956

Near enough all tetra is highly encrypted. Those with tetra capable AOR scanners report this to be true so little point implementing it if you ask me. Dpmr? Mmm yes that would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muxlow

Super Secret
If uniden can add PROVOICE into their radios im sure Whistler can add these into theirs as im sure there is alot more dPMR and TET systems alive then the dead age of provoice

ben-scan

If uniden can add PROVOICE into their radios im sure Whistler can add these into theirs as im sure there is alot more dPMR and TET systems alive then the dead age of provoice

The type of hardware used and limitations of software programming are two important factors besides cost to implement. I know for a fact that Whistler could add more extra digital modes if they would want. Especially since already supported protocols like DMR/NXDN/P25 are very similar in modulation and decoding to other widely used protocols. If they think why bother.. I hope they will reconsider just asking a fee for a SW decoder upgrade.. It's too bad most scanner manufactures just want to conform with the same kind of protocols others offer without any REAL innovation.. That's what AOR also noticed and they stepped up their game. Adding widely used protocols (especially open standards which do not cost any additional license fee to implement) could drive the sales of Whistler/Uniden/Aor through the roof! Yes encryption is getting more widespread but that doesn't mean it isn't cool to at least be able to receive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.