TRX-2 LCD display issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5gqb

Hi there, didn't know if the trx-2 display has an known issue of "rolling flickering lines" (for lack of better words) when its viewed at an angle. It almost disappears when viewed head on. I did a quick search and didn't find anything or my search terms were not correct.
Anyway if it is not a common issue then I need to get it fixed while under warranty.
Thx Sly

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Mine has done that since day 1, and no problems at all. It doesn’t bother me though, I don’t even notice anymore. It only does it when the display brightness is turned all the way down to low. When the brightness is increased to 2-3, it goes away.

DJ11DLN

I noticed this on my 1098 at low light levels with the contrast set high. I think it is just how those displays work. It doesn't bother me either. Haven't noticed it so much on the refurb'd 1095 but it's present. My Pro-18 and -668 do it to an even lesser degree, again not enough to be bothersome. If it did bother me, I'd just look at the display on my 436 and once again be grateful Grecom/Whistler provided something that's easy to read at a glance.

n5gqb

Ok then. Yeah brightness is turned down. Playing more with the brightness it does go away some. Here's an interesting observation: If viewed from the left (like me-about a 30-40 degrees) ) the contrast sucks. It is harder to read due to lower contrast in spite of settings, plus rolling lines are visible. If I view from the right at same angle, the contrast is much better and lines hardly noticeable. I guess I need to move the trx-2 to other side of desk....

Ubbe

Your'e right. Moving to the left the flicker shows up just when you see the left side of the scanner.
To the right you have to get to an angle where the characters almost dissapears before the flickering can be seen. The mininum brightness of the TRX-2 equals the BCD536 max setting.
The TRX-2 is too bright at night in the car and the Uniden too low in sunlight.

/Ubbe

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Hi there, didn't know if the trx-2 display has an known issue of "rolling flickering lines" (for lack of better words) when its viewed at an angle. It almost disappears when viewed head on. I did a quick search and didn't find anything or my search terms were not correct.
Anyway if it is not a common issue then I need to get it fixed while under warranty.
Thx Sly
What's your contrast set to?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CQ

Have the same issue and contacted Whistler on Sunday with no word back.

Status
Not open for further replies.