TRX-1: Skipping behavior on limit search

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

It seems like my TRX-1 is experiencing some kind of skipping behavior when I do a limit search. Let's say I am searching on the 850-860 MHz for trunked system, the scanner will pause on where signal is present (confirmed using PSR800 and it is a very strong control channel), pauses momentarily, then continues scanning without unmuting. When I pause the limit search on the control channel and turn the squelch way down, the scanner will continue stay muted.

If I scan the trunked system as a normal object, the scanner unmutes on talk group just fine, same with conventional channel, though the scanner seems to be a little bit on the deaf side as compared to my PSR-800.

Has anyone experienced this problem as well? this is getting frustrating.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Why doesn't it stop on control channels? Is there a setting I can use so the TRX-1 (2) will stop on control channels? I had noticed this as well, but I was still "learning" the radios.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Why doesn't it stop on control channels? Is there a setting I can use so the TRX-1 (2) will stop on control channels? I had noticed this as well, but I was still "learning" the radios.

The TRX series doesn't use the control channel for trunking. They scan the voice channels, as I understand it. The only way you will ever get the control channel to un-mute is if it also carries voice traffic.

CqDx

Thanks,actually for my scanner, even voice channels, non trunked, are skipped also.

Regards,

CqDx

Here is a video of how deaf my TRX-1 is, the PSR-800 has the RS 800 MHz antenna, and the TRX-1 has the RH77CA antenna. The TRX-1 has squelch all the way down, whereas the PSR-800 has normal squelch.

https://youtu.be/PzB_VETTfNY

Here is another video that shows the TRX-1 skips right over the analog channels during limit scan.

https://youtu.be/1tQZNfPk56U

Has anyone experienced something to mine?

Yes. I have several times. I don’t know what causes it but the numbers in the ZM settings change for no reason. Go into program menu. Then go to global settings. Hit the up arrow on the keypad till you see the ZM settings. Go into each one and make sure the number that’s in it is within the range that is specified. When they are all changed correctly it should start working again. It won’t fix the control channel problem but it will fix missing transmissions on analog and dmr.

CqDx

Thanks, it seems the zeromatic settings helped the speed of the search and convergence of a frequency. Strangely, I noticed the problem seems to be only affecting limit search and tune mode. In service mode the symptom seems to be less severe.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Trx has a setting if u select nxdn DMR p25 or any digital option checked off in setting to search.. Then it skips all analog and only stops on digital signals

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.