WS1098: CPU cant find Port to update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmh603

I have a Windows 8.1 CPU and I would like to update my 1098 Scanner. I can update the SD Card using EZSCAN 2.22.0.543 but I can not update using WS1095_U3.9 I am at 3.6 on this one. I keep getting error message it can not find port? I tried every port listing in the pull down menu and no go? Anyway to force the CPU to have a port? Or is there a Trick?

I also have a problem with DSPUPDATE_WS10XX3.1 I am at 3.0 I keep getting error message usb is not connected? It is because I am able to update the SD Card? Any suggestions on this?

Thanks

yeg_scan

Unless you are trying to update the firmware, there is no need to connect to it.

The best advice you could ever get .. pull the SD card and use a card reader. So much more reliable and much faster to program the scanner.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Only CPU and DSP firmware updates MUST have the scanner connect to the pc via the usb cable as the comport driver is needed to communicate.

Try a NEW usb cable. If that doesn't fix the problem then Reinstall the comport driver using the "allow unsigned drivers" procedures

kmh603

Thanks for the replies. Wacyracer could you post or PM me the procedure for reinstalling a comport?

kmh603

Thanks for the updates. On the drivers, Windows 8.1 says drivers not digitally signed, and then aborts?

kmh603

Yes I followed all the steps and it worked!

Thanks for all your help :>)

Status
Not open for further replies.