Multiple units on same software

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I'm interested in possibly getting an additional TRX-1 for recording use. Has anyone else gotten more than one unit?

What I'm wondering is whether they can have separate identities to the software, or if they need to be clones of each other.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Swipesy

I'm interested in possibly getting an additional TRX-1 for recording use. Has anyone else gotten more than one unit?

What I'm wondering is whether they can have separate identities to the software, or if they need to be clones of each other.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

If I understand your question correctly you want to use two separate configurations (1 for each radio) on one copy of EZScan.

That can be done by using V-Scanner Folders and using separate names for each folder to match the radio. In this manner you load onto EZScan the configuration you want to work with for each radio (only 1 can be used at a time).

Also use a unique name for each radio's LCD Display so you don't mix them up. In that manner when you load the V-Scanner folder on EZScan you will see the scanner name.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
If I understand your question correctly you want to use two separate configurations (1 for each radio) on one copy of EZScan.

That can be done by using V-Scanner Folders and using separate names for each folder to match the radio. In this manner you load onto EZScan the configuration you want to work with for each radio (only 1 can be used at a time).

Also use a unique name for each radio's LCD Display so you don't mix them up. In that manner when you load the V-Scanner folder on EZScan you will see the scanner name.

I agree with this, the other option would be to make 2 separate archives. The vscanner way would be easier.and can be switched with a few presses of the radios keypad.

BrianG61UK

I agree with this, the other option would be to make 2 separate archives. The vscanner way would be easier.and can be switched with a few presses of the radios keypad.

I don't think you have to send both V-Scanner folders to both radios.

When I tried having two V-Scanner folders on my radio I often accidentally wrote the second one over the first (Default) one on the radio.

Swipesy

You don't have to send both folders to each scanner since you are asked which folders you want to write. But if you don't pay attention you can make the same mistake and send wrong vfolder. I have no solution to mistake proof the process other than keep back ups!

BrianG61UK

You don't have to send both folders to each scanner since you are asked which folders you want to write. But if you don't pay attention you can make the same mistake and send wrong vfolder. I have no solution to mistake proof the process other than keep back ups!
You are correct. I remembered incorrectly.

Using separate archives or separate directories of archives might be easiest.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.