TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions if I may:

1. When I turn off the scanner the display says "power off" and the screen darkens. 3 seconds late, the screen brightens and displays the time, date, and day and stays on till I press the "on" button then it commences to load data. If I want the screen to completely darken I have to unplug the power. Is this normal?

2. Using the EZ software I select what system to listen to. I do not select "Transportation , Utilities, public works, but they are in the list of systems being scanned.

3. Is there a way to permanently lockout frequencies brought up via the front of the scanner. I know you can skip but I believe this is just temporary.

Thanks heaps

John

troymail

Silent Key
Questions if I may:

1. When I turn off the scanner the display says "power off" and the screen darkens. 3 seconds late, the screen brightens and displays the time, date, and day and stays on till I press the "on" button then it commences to load data. If I want the screen to completely darken I have to unplug the power. Is this normal?
You can disable the powered off clock via the EZ Scan software (main General Settings screen, lower right corner) or via the radio's menu.
2. Using the EZ software I select what system to listen to. I do not select "Transportation , Utilities, public works, but they are in the list of systems being scanned.
There are different methods for import via EZ Scan. Preferred allows you to select and load entire systems (you decide later how to arrange/manage the different categories of talkgroups). You'll want to do this for various reasons - the primary reason that comes to mind is if/when you want to use a wildcard object to look for actual new undocumented talkgroups that are not in the database.

Other import options will filter the categories of talkgroups - Law dispatch, Military, etc.
3. Is there a way to permanently lockout frequencies brought up via the front of the scanner. I know you can skip but I believe this is just temporary.

Thanks heaps

John
This too has a user option - in EZ Scan, it's a bit buried but can be found under the Advanced Features tab, Receive/PCIF Options sub tab, 2nd column under Button Options.

trx-2

what a surprise to see the answers to my questions= the one thought that bother me a tad Is why when I power off the unit it suddenly boots up with the time - I am going to try the suggestion about the clock on the EZ. Is it normal to do this ? I will be turning clock off / If any of you are buying metal detections and have questions about ground balance, which coil to buy ex: coaxial. concentric, DD. wide scan, threshold.- just trying to pay you scanners guys back

troymail

Silent Key
what a surprise to see the answers to my questions= the one thought that bother me a tad Is why when I power off the unit it suddenly boots up with the time - I am going to try the suggestion about the clock on the EZ. Is it normal to do this ?

Not sure why that clock is there like that but it is normal. I keep my TRX-2 in my vehicle and you really don't want it draining your battery while parked - even with the clock lit. AAA has been to my house more than once....

There are many things I usually do by default when creating configurations - disabling the clock is ALWAYS one of them.

systems

I do not see systems anymore what I do see is "Agencies, conventional and Trunking"- believe it or not I am someone getting used to the EZ program which is turning out better than I thought.

clock

i use the preferred method to get what and where i want. The clock issue is fixed. So nice to have members reply. you all are a great group- i must add the scanner has been scanning for about an hour and nothing yet for today.

great and appreciated thanks
John

Status
Not open for further replies.