WS1065: New radio, programing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambone259

I bought a new whistler 1065. I purchased the software here and also downloaded the file for Kern County and that worked well. My problem is I do not see the LED on top of the select key ever light up. I see the LEDs listed in software as if it is supposed to be working, but it isn't. Is this LED only fro trunking signals or should it work in conventional?
Can someone snapshot the programing screen where the LED should be set in case I am missing that point.
Any one with the same scanner can communicate with me at adinserter@gmail.com

Redneck0410

I bought a new whistler 1065. I purchased the software here and also downloaded the file for Kern County and that worked well. My problem is I do not see the LED on top of the select key ever light up. I see the LEDs listed in software as if it is supposed to be working, but it isn't. Is this LED only fro trunking signals or should it work in conventional?
Can someone snapshot the programing screen where the LED should be set in case I am missing that point.
Any one with the same scanner can communicate with me at adinserter@gmail.com
Depending on what software you have, that will dictate where the setting is. If you like, I have all three software programs on my computer at home and can set the LED to whichever color you like. PM me if you'd like.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hambone259

Well, See severl arrowed draw bars that go from 0-255 and some are set at 255. I also see indicators on right side of screen showing blinking. But guess I don't understand what or if I need to change anything. I can slide all individual colors to any number, but since there were some alread y set I thought the led should be working on the radio.....just confused or do have a issue with the scanner.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Make sure to select with flash or solid under LED Mode and then the color you'd like under LED for the object when you create it.

Attachments

• led help.jpg
    led help.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 347

Hambone259

LEDs

OK, now I feel stupid. I see in the software where to set the LEDs now. Guess I was not thinking when I downloaded the database to radio that there was other settings I needed to set for my preferences. Thank you for the help and such a fast response.

Redneck0410

OK, now I feel stupid. I see in the software where to set the LEDs now. Guess I was not thinking when I downloaded the database to radio that there was other settings I needed to set for my preferences. Thank you for the help and such a fast response.
These new scanners have a certain learning curve nowadays. I have a 1040 and a Uniden 996p2 and I had to relearn the uniden after not having one for several years... I still find myself consulting the manual for stuff and I've had this scanner for a year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hambone259

Digital ham band receive

I have a TYT digital ham radio. I wanted to input the frequency of DMR Calif. on our local digital repeater to monitor. I find it will only allow me to hear the digital bursts. I am reasonably sure the problem is that the TYT uses code plug data (color) and can't figure out how to be able to get voice. Can anyone help with this?

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a TYT digital ham radio. I wanted to input the frequency of DMR Calif. on our local digital repeater to monitor. I find it will only allow me to hear the digital bursts. I am reasonably sure the problem is that the TYT uses code plug data (color) and can't figure out how to be able to get voice. Can anyone help with this?
This scanner doesn't support DMR. It only supports P25 Phase 1 and analog trunking systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.