TRX2 head unit display

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I’m having an issue with my whistler scanner, the head unit for no reason stopped working, no display no lights no nothing, when I went to sleep after turning the scanner off woke up 8 hours or so later tried to turn it on and nothing, I’ve tried everything I could think of to get it to work, when I plugged into the usb jack to charge the inside battery I could hear audio just can’t control nothing, or see anything, Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

mikey60

You could also try using the cable that came with the scanner and see if that works. The contacts on the back of the control head may have become dirty or oxidized. If the cable works, I would suggest cleaning the contacts on the radio and the control head and try again.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
TRX2

I’ve tried both those things, :( funny thing is I can hook up the usb and use that demo remote program, however while I can see what’s going via the computer screen I can’t seem to control anything, I’m just at a loss of what happened, I opened it to see if I could remove the internal battery but it’s not removable

Ubbe

That's the clock battery? It stores all settings on the SD card and loads them at power on.
Seems like the main units USB receive is shoot.
You checked both the USB and control head connectors so no pin is shorted to another one?

/Ubbe

CQ

Time to send it back for an exchange before your time expires or you can prolong the agony by contacting support with their thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.