TRX-2: TRX-2 No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Long story short, bought a TRX-2 and within 36 hours of me acquiring possession of the unit, it will no longer reproduce audio. Worked as expected (I live in the middle of a LSM system). No audio for analog, digital or trunking. It’ll store audio files on the SD card without issue.

Put your ear up to the speaker and you hear noises (guesstimating 0 dBm or less). Seems like the audio amp is blown on the unit. I believe there may have been some water damage due to the actions of the carrier.

I’ve tried contacting Whistler to get their opinion and the next day, today, I missed a call from John as unfortunately he called my office number and not the cell number I provided because I’m rarely in the office.

Send to whistler or return to distributor (they are in agreement that the package could’ve been damaged in shipping)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeDawg

Had the same thing happen to me after trying to figure out shutting off the key beeps. Hit the wrong thing somewhere in the menu.

Fixed it by using the factory default menu choice. Might try it.

Project25_MASTR

Had the same thing happen to me after trying to figure out shutting off the key beeps. Hit the wrong thing somewhere in the menu.

Fixed it by using the factory default menu choice. Might try it.

Tried several times as well as reformatting the memory card, and upgrading the firmware.

Ubbe

Did you try with an external speaker and also the earphone jack?
If the amplifier is blown you should get audio from the earphone jack.

/Ubbe

Ed6698

On my WS1095 I always have a external speaker connected to it, I noticed sometimes when I disconnect the external speaker I have no sound out of radio. I have to push in and pull out the plug several times in order to get the speaker on the radio to start working. May want to give it a try and see if something is stuck inside the plug.

Project25_MASTR

Haven’t located headphones for he headphone jack. External speaker behaves identically to the internal speaker…line level at best (I don’t have an 1/8th inch plug broken out so I can check actual voltage).

CQ

Why deal with a repair hassle (or maybe getting a refurb - someone else's problem) when I'd get a NEW one from the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.