WS1065: WS1065 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

devolic

What's the best software to use to on this thing?

Pros/Cons or any other advice.

Thank-You,
Doug

Swipesy

I use Win500 to control the scanner and PSRedit to program the scanner. Both are my preference and is just a matter of user preference on the User Interface. They both offer 30 day free trials. There is also a 3rd software program ARC500 that I am not a fan of the Interface but others like. So try them all and see what you are comfortable with.

troymail

Silent Key
I use (and have a license for) Win500 without a RR premium account - used it for many years. I recently downloaded a fresh copy of PSREdit which I haven't used for many years. I recently did a 6 month upgrade to a RR premium account just to play but don't see myself using the "features" it provides all that much.

Both programs do the job but take some getting used to - just like any software - and can be confusing - just like any software.

I still prefer Win500 over PSREdit but it's probably because I've been using Win500 for so long.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I'll add that the user interface, look and feel, of Win500 is very similar to Whistler's EZScan software, so in the future if you find yourself upgrading to a Whistler WS-108x or TRX-x product, your learning curve should be much shorter coming from Win500.

I've used Win92 and Win500 for years, and when I got my 1088 last year EZScan felt like second nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.