EZ Scan Saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimform2k1

Hello,

I'm new to Whistler and the EZ Scan software.

I guess I'm looking for a 'Save' button or at least what save would do.

Say I make a small change to the volume on the General Settings tab. Is that 'saved' immediately on my computer?

To save that change to the scanner, would I have to 'Copy Configuration To Scanner/SD Card'?

To undo changes, could I 'Copy Configuration From Scanner/SD Card'?

Also, when should I 'Copy Libray to Scanner/SD Card'?

Thanks

Jim

troymail

Silent Key
Hello,

I'm new to Whistler and the EZ Scan software.

I guess I'm looking for a 'Save' button or at least what save would do.

Say I make a small change to the volume on the General Settings tab. Is that 'saved' immediately on my computer?

To save that change to the scanner, would I have to 'Copy Configuration To Scanner/SD Card'?

To undo changes, could I 'Copy Configuration From Scanner/SD Card'?

Also, when should I 'Copy Libray to Scanner/SD Card'?

Thanks

Jim

EZ Scan saves on it's own -

There is no "save" button.

As far as I know, there is no "Undo".

You can save/backup configurations in a backup via EZ Scan (useful before making changes if you don't want to lose something).

Copy the configuration from EZ Scan on the PC to the SD card/radio when you want to use anything that you changed on the radio itself.

It you make alot of changes on the SD card via the radio directly, you should copy that to your PC so you have a backup of it. SD cards fail faster than your PC's hard drive.

EDIT: Also I tend to leave existing configurations (V-Scanner/V-Folders) alone if I like what they do and just start a new one. You can have up to 200.

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
To add to this...The archive feature is a "BACKUP" of your settings and data.

jimform2k1

Thanks for the info. This brings up a good point:

If I change a setting on the actual scanner, does that setting show up (inside EZScan) the next time I connect the scanner and run EZScan?

Thanks again.

EZ Scan saves on it's own -

There is no "save" button.

As far as I know, there is no "Undo".

You can save/backup configurations in a backup via EZ Scan (useful before making changes if you don't want to lose something).

Copy the configuration from EZ Scan on the PC to the SD card/radio when you want to use anything that you changed on the radio itself.

It you make alot of changes on the SD card via the radio directly, you should copy that to your PC so you have a backup of it. SD cards fail faster than your PC's hard drive.

EDIT: Also I tend to leave existing configurations (V-Scanner/V-Folders) alone if I like what they do and just start a new one. You can have up to 200.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. This brings up a good point:t
If I change a setting on the actual scanner, does that setting show up (inside EZScan) the next time I connect the scanner and run EZScan?

Thanks again.

If you make a change on the scanner it will only save to ezscan if you copy TO ezscan. If you don't tell it to, it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.