trx1 downloading by zip code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3ext

Premium Subscriber
travelling shortly., d/loading by zip code is handy for brief visits.
Question is. does the zip code info overwrite my present sd card contents?

What is the preferred way of doing this w/out disturbing the present info on the sd card?

thanks

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber

What is the preferred way of doing this w/out disturbing the present info on the sd card?

thanks

I believe it adds to your current data, a better option is to make a vscanner folder for each area you go to. easy to access and keeps your home data and you can make a whole bunch of vscanner folders.

troymail

Silent Key
No - it generally "adds" to the current configuration (V-Scanner/CDAT). It doesn't affect anything else on the SD card. The one thing overwrite/change would be any system or channels already in the configuration that the zip code import brings in again (it could change attributes like scanlists, etc.)

Locational imports are written to scanlists 150+ and most folks don't create that many scanlists in a V-Scanner folder (but they might!).

thanks
Assuming you are only talking about "on radio" programming (no PC), you could keep a V-Scanner available for zip code imports and just Clear that V-Scanner before doing the import. You can also do a "backup" of a current configuration, switch to that configurations, clear it, and then do your zip code import.

The est way to see the affects are to exercise them in practice. With good copies of your configuration stored in EZ Scan or in a backup on your PC, experiment with zip code imports on the radio to see what happens. You can also do this inside EZ Scan as well to get a better view of the resulting data.

If you need more details or explanation, we're happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.