TRX-1 it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccarter

Premium Subscriber
Finally made my mind up that my new scanner will be the TRX-1. The final choice was the NXDN capability to come. I want to monitor the local power company and it does use NXDN. Now does anyone know where I might get a bargain price? There was one in the classified but no luck contacting the seller. Looking at some dealers, it seems they want to nickle and dime you to death charging for everything for a cable to programming and even for batteries and something called one touch programming they wanted $40.

So any recommendations on where to get one? Ebay seems to be all commercial these days.

Whistler has great deals in the form of their scratch and dent sales as well as their refurbished sales. I got my WS1088 from a refurbished sale, and it came in pristine condition. From other users of this forum I've heard that scratch-and dent items tend to come in pretty good condition as well (only a few scratches) although YYMV. The deals can be found here, although you may have to wait since whistler sells them off in batches. https://whistlergroup.com/collections/clearance-items
https://whistlergroup.com/collections/scratch-dent

gp7

Premium Subscriber
I can also recommend Whistler scratch and dent sale. I just received a WS1088 and it is in fantastic condition.

SOFA_KING

The lowest I saw it this year (new...not used or referb) was $422. I have the TRX-2 at home, but wanted a TRX-1 for mobile use. NXDN is worth having!, and Uniden is asleep at the wheel.

I'm also looking for a good deal on a new one. With new BCD436HP's going for $405 (a very good deal), you would think the TRX-1 would come down some.

Phil

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
So true Sofa King , there are more NXDN frequencies than I thought . So definitely worth having .

And it will bring a big smile to your face when you hear someone talking on NXDN (or DMR) and they mention that because they're using digital radio they cannot be monitored by someone with a scanner!

picscan

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1

I saw it advertised for $407 after doing a google search, don't know anything about the dealer but it said they had 133 in stock.

trp2525

cmccarter

Premium Subscriber
$405 plus shipping from a place called valleyseek.com. any one ever heard.of them? Says they have 133 in stock. Site reviews are really mixed, some bad some good

trp2525

$405 plus shipping from a place called valleyseek.com. any one ever heard.of them? Says they have 133 in stock. Site reviews are really mixed, some bad some good

FWIW the Better Business Bureau gives ValleySeek.com a D- rating: https://www.bbb.org/losangelessilic...s-and-parts/valleyseek-in-sunnyvale-ca-243450

Also here is copy-and-paste of a rather concerning review from 07-18-2017 from resellerratings.com (https://www.resellerratings.com/store/ValleySeek):

Do not order from this company!!!

"I NEVER write reviews but I feel everyone deserves to know what kind of company this is! I placed an order from Valley Seek for 2 chairs and they only shipped me one of them, however they immediately processed my card for payment for both. They say email or call but that is another scam! No one will return your email nor will you be able to reach them by phone. I have done both numerous times with no luck. Please be cautious and go through a reputable company. Best wishes!"

Regarding advertised stock levels on their website, here is another copy-and-paste review from resellerratings.com dated 07-13-2017:

Dont believe stock levels

"29 in stock when ordered. Just received email stating the order is canceled due to no stock? COuld have bought from another retailer after I placed this order, This is a high demand item I have been looking for for a month. Now Im out of luck for however long once again. Thanks but No thanks!"

As with any online retailer/seller YMMV.

emt_531

A quick search of the address for Valley Seek comes back to a residential neighborhood and looks like their corporate address is indeed a house.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
And it will bring a big smile to your face when you hear someone talking on NXDN (or DMR) and they mention that because they're using digital radio they cannot be monitored by someone with a scanner!

Haha, yep! And in this type of situation it is always best to play your cards close to the chest and not let on you can monitor them! Nothing good can come of it.

cmccarter

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1 found for $275. should have it tomorrow depending on the weather maybe Friday at the latest. Going to start programming today.

cmccarter

Premium Subscriber
Got my TRX-1 delivered today (sunday!) think its programmed right will listen for a while and see. only picking up a local county FD and dispatch. may have missed something in the config or there just may no be ant traffic on the PD channels at present

Status
Not open for further replies.