TRX-1 and NJICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsmannj

Hi Let me start by saying I'm not sure where to post this question hear or under NJ scanning. In any case I want to monitor Belleville NJ PD, Fairfield NJ PD and Newark NJ FD which are on NJICS system P25 Phase II I tried to program it though web import from RR data base. After doing so I do not hear any transmissions. Note that I programmed it using the West Orange NJ simulcast. Can anyone tell me how to manually program this in the TRX-1. Thank you for your help.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Hi Let me start by saying I'm not sure where to post this question hear or under NJ scanning. In any case I want to monitor Belleville NJ PD, Fairfield NJ PD and Newark NJ FD which are on NJICS system P25 Phase II I tried to program it though web import from RR data base. After doing so I do not hear any transmissions. Note that I programmed it using the West Orange NJ simulcast. Can anyone tell me how to manually program this in the TRX-1. Thank you for your help.

I monitor those municipalities as well. This is what I did when I got my TRX-1.....

I downloaded the entire NJICS system from the library import function and locked-out all the sites that were not near the West Orange Simulcast and Union County Simulcast. Deleted all the talkgroups that weren't any of the above mentioned. Heard them perfect. I put this individual set-up in its own scan list.

I would make sure your service types are enabled, library database is the latest update, and your desired scan list is enabled in a scanset under the "advanced" tab in EZ-Scan. I had a lot of trouble with my TRX when I got it, feel free to PM me if none of that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.