WS1065: Issues with new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristansgray

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Hoping someone can be of assistance, I purchased a WS1065 for a family member, and I am having some issues with it. After programming it, the radio isn't picking up any traffic, even though the Uniden BCD996P2 a few away is. The system I am trying to program is the Indiana SAFET system, P25 Phase 1. I am utilizing ARC500, and I will upload the config file I am using as well, hopefully someone can spot something I've goofed. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• current.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

lou9155

i checked your programing..first turn off agc . your radio system has a million sites and control channels...did you only load the closest sites to your location...maybe only one site is needed...the closest to your location as the crow flies....other than that did it sucessfully UPLOAD to your scanner

tristansgray

Premium Subscriber
i checked your programing..first turn off agc . your radio system has a million sites and control channels...did you only load the closest sites to your location...maybe only one site is needed...the closest to your location as the crow flies....other than that did it sucessfully UPLOAD to your scanner

Closest locations. I will try only one site when I am home as well as turning off agc. Yes, it did upload to the scanner.

Swipesy

I looked at your configuration and everything looks proper in terms of programming. You have the proper control and alternate frequencies programmed for the sites you are trying to monitor talkgroups from. You have the system set to P25 Auto which is correct.

What I don't know is if the sites your are trying to monitor are within your listening area since I don't know the State of Indiana and your exact location.

I see that you have all 20 ScanList active. You only are using SL-1. Disable those you are not using.
You have the scanner set to Roam. If you are in a fixed location and the sites are within your listening area try setting the scanner to Stat.

Other than location to Tower it should be fine. Make sure squelch is at about 10 O'clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.