Whistler Telescoping antenna floppy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have had a few clients call this week reporting that their telescoping antenna on Whistler scanners (one was a TRX-2, 2 were 1065's) would not stay standing up when fully extended. Both say it is not falling at the elbow but rather left to right indicating that perhaps the plastic insulator is too small.

My guess is that there was a run of these antennas that are out of spec. Has anyone else seen this on Whistler scanners?

TAbirdman

I have had a few clients call this week reporting that their telescoping antenna on Whistler scanners (one was a TRX-2, 2 were 1065's) would not stay standing up when fully extended. Both say it is not falling at the elbow but rather left to right indicating that perhaps the plastic insulator is too small.

My guess is that there was a run of these antennas that are out of spec. Has anyone else seen this on Whistler scanners?
Did you try tightening it? Not the screw part, the base. There are two slots that allow a narrow 10mm wrench to fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

N9JIG

Sheriff
You know, in the million years I have had antennas like this I never notice those wrench flats!

Thanks, I will suggest he try tightening that.

Status
Not open for further replies.