TRX-1: Whistler error code 1-01

Status
Not open for further replies.

cal50

Strange error and corrupted SD card on power up. I typically run my scanner off USB power. Turned it on and the display showed the 1-01 error.
This is where it gets weird......

I figured I would just update my SD card externally but my Whistler programming software was not playing nice and locking up my computer. It would freeze looking for files to load on the card. I ended up uninstalling the TRX-1 software then deleting the program folder , installing the software and updating it and then programming my SD card in my external card reader.

Its as if my card was corrupted and the software would not touch it after formatting it and it would just freeze / lock up. I did copy the original SD card contents (factory) on my SD card and the scanner read it fine so I know its not an SD card issue, its been running fine for months.....

My questions are~

Is "random" SD card corruption a common thing or did it likely happen from power down or up ?

Is the TRX-1 software a little buggy where it locks up hard, so hard I could not end process in the system tray or process tree ?

No issues or complaints with my TRX-1 and it and the software are at the latest revision levels, just trying to get a better understanding of what to watch for or avoid doing so it does not happen again.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If you are powering the TRX-1 with a USB and loose power you run the risk of trashing the SD card. If you are powering the TRX-1 in a car with the USB cable and start the and the power drops you run the risk of trashing the SD card. It states powering the scanner off when connecting or removing the USB cable then power the scanner back up.

cal50

I always plug and unplug the unit in the powered off state.
Just a weird out of the blue curve.

I might get another SD card and copy my working card and stash it in the battery compartment as a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.