WS1088: Have to install frequency manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty

Premium Subscriber
When I programmed my 1088 I had to move my outside antenna and I could not hear the two local volunteer fire departments. I just assumed that was due to the fact of moving the antenna but last night there was a fire and I just put in search mode and there it was. I then entered it manually and now receive it, so my question why did it not work when first programmed?

djeplett

When I programmed my 1088 I had to move my outside antenna and I could not hear the two local volunteer fire departments. I just assumed that was due to the fact of moving the antenna but last night there was a fire and I just put in search mode and there it was. I then entered it manually and now receive it, so my question why did it not work when first programmed?
RadioReference's database is totally created by submissions from scanner listeners. If you programmed it with EZ-Scan and used the import feature from RadioReference there's a good chance that the department changed it's frequencies and nobody sent in an update to RadioReference yet. Look at the frequency you found them on and submit that to RadioReference so you help out other scanner listeners.

whitty

Premium Subscriber
No that's not it. The frequency that RR has listed is the frequency I programmed into the scanner. Thhe frequency hasn't changed since I have been listening for 30 years.

djeplett

No that's not it. The frequency that RR has listed is the frequency I programmed into the scanner. Thhe frequency hasn't changed since I have been listening for 30 years.
What mode did it get imported as? Did it get imported as digital when it should have been analog? (Or vice-versa...) Does the import have a PL/DCS/NAC associated with it and did your search come up with a different one?

djeplett

And was it supposed to be digital now? Did it have a PL or DCS tone import with it? Maybe the department changed their subaudible tone they use recently. Or maybe they started using digital now. Next time they're transmitting see what your radio is receiving and compare that to what got imported. My guess is it changed somehow.

whitty

Premium Subscriber
They have not changed to digital. Same since I have been listening. The other local volunteer fd was the same way.

djeplett

Hmmm. Then I'm at a loss. If the imported programming matches exactly what your search came up with including any subaudible tone then the only other thing it could be is the scanlist the imported item(s) were imported into must not have been enabled. I don't have a 1088 but on my TRX1 when I import anything it comes in on scanlist 151 and above.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.