Scanlists and scan sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccarter

Premium Subscriber
I have a config working and have made a scanlist with the appropriate lists enabled works fine

Now I want to build a second config using zipcode and assign it to a diferent scanlist

do i really need scansets or just 2 configs? then how to switch between them?

This TRX is making me feel really dumb

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Using zip code, the TRX (Whistlers in general) will automatically "scatter" the different "service types" (Fire Dispatch, Law Tac, etc.) across a range of scanlists above 150 (actually 151-181). You won't have control over which scanlists different talkgroups are assigned to - at least, not initially.

It's possible but probably not necessarily a good idea to mix custom scanlist programming with location based programming.

So, best practice might be to just create multiple V-Scanner folders - one with custom scanlists and the other with zip code/locational programming.

cmccarter

Premium Subscriber
Soooooo, if I import by zipcode, it goes into scanlists 151-200. If I then enter my special stuff into scanlist 2-20. If I set scanset 2 for 2-20 and scanset 3 for 151-200. i can just switch scanset to monitor which ever I want?

troymail

Silent Key
Maybe... possible gotchas...

If there is any overlap in frequencies/systems between your 'low' scanlists and the zip code import, some objects may get "moved" to whichever was done last... (I think... I've avoided scansets).

It's always best to experiment given only you really know/understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.