TRX 1 Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5RGP

is there a program for the TRX1 that will do logging of activity like proscan does for the bcd536?

SOFA_KING

The Whistler Control Demo troymail pointed out is the closest thing you will find to ProScan logging. Personally, I use the TRX 1 recording function and then Don Star's AUParse to dump all the recorded info into an excel spreadsheet. http://forums.radioreference.com/wh...ed-logging-whistler-scanners.html#post2730421

+1

Don did us a solid by sharing that little program. Once in Excel, you can sort the data anyway you like. That can reveal very interesting trends, especially if you track radio ID numbers.

Phil

kc8tmv

Is there a reason that in the CSV log you see the alpha tag for the talkgroup, but it does not show the radio id alpha tag. The radio id alpha tag does show up on the scanner.

We might be talking about the same things here, but Im not sure.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
+1

Don did us a solid by sharing that little program. Once in Excel, you can sort the data anyway you like. That can reveal very interesting trends, especially if you track radio ID numbers.

Phil

Don's program is great BUT you can sort by RIDs just by clicking the column (OR TG or FREQ or Name etc)

troymail

Silent Key
Is there a reason that in the CSV log you see the alpha tag for the talkgroup, but it does not show the radio id alpha tag. The radio id alpha tag does show up on the scanner.

We might be talking about the same things here, but Im not sure.

The log data comes from the recordings and the radio ID alpha tag is not stored in the recordings.

kc8tmv

Guess we'll have to see if some from Whistler can answer that... perhaps a limitation in the header size?
I'm just a label freak I guess. I even label my label maker!
Another related question, why would you sometimes see the radio id field have "-1" in the data. No radio id showing on the scanner on that call either. This was a public works talkgroup, so I would not suspect a "patched" situation. Some calls on the same talkgroup have radio id's. Radio issue?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
I'm just a label freak I guess. I even label my label maker!
Another related question, why would you sometimes see the radio id field have "-1" in the data. No radio id showing on the scanner on that call either. This was a public works talkgroup, so I would not suspect a "patched" situation. Some calls on the same talkgroup have radio id's. Radio issue?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

-1 is probably a default that would be overwritten with a valid value if it exists.... In software, it is many times "initialized" as such and then used as a flag to indicate missing information...

When I read the headers in software I've written, if it is -1, I just clear the field ("no value")

For some of the scripts I've written, I have a file I use to perform lookups of the radio IDs just like the radio does when it has a value. This file doubles as a tracking file which I add new items to when they are learned. That same file is then used as the import source for my radio IDs for EZ Scan....

FWIW- On a related note -- Uniden is similar but different (ha!) -- by default, they'll store the talkgroup and radio ID values in the header as strings. If an radio ID matches a Unit ID (label), they'll store the label and not the ID (this OR that - but not both). The nice thing about storing the ID is that it is what the radio saw/captured (which you can then perform look-ups on it). On the other hand, if your lookup file has many radio IDs with the same label (i.e. 10 labeled "Town Police"), and they store that string, you'll lose the granularity on which of the 10 radios you actually saw....

kc8tmv

I wrote a batch script that copies the audio files off the TRX-1 ("E:") to C:\......."\Recordings" and then uses Don's program to create a log file (date.csv).

getlog.bat

@echo off
for /f "tokens=2 delims==" %%a in ('wmic OS Get localdatetime /value') do set "dt=%%a"
set "YY=%dt:~2,2%" & set "YYYY=%dt:~0,4%" & set "MM=%dt:~4,2%" & set "DD=%dt:~6,2%"
set "HH=%dt:~8,2%" & set "Min=%dt:~10,2%" & set "Sec=%dt:~12,2%"

set "datestamp=%YYYY%%MM%%DD%" & set "timestamp=%HH%%Min%%Sec%"
set "fullstamp=%YYYY%-%MM%-%DD%_%HH%-%Min%-%Sec%"
set "filename=log_%YYYY%%MM%%DD%.csv"

xcopy /s/e/y e:\REC C:\Users\Steve\Documents\TRX-1\Recordings\%datestamp%\

auparse C:\Users\Steve\Documents\TRX-1\Recordings\%datestamp%\ > %filename%

I could then open the CSV and do a VLookup against my Radio ID XLS, but I am way too lazy to do that. Wish I knew how to automate that part.

Would also like to rename the audio files when they copy so that I could just keep deleting them off the scanner. Maybe something like 001.AU = datetimestamp.AU?

kc8tmv

Yeah, Audio tab is good. Just always greedy for extra features (Radio ID Tags, archiving the files and getting them off the scanner, etc.)

W5RGP

I think he is talking about aliases that are embedded/part of the radio transmission vs. lookup labels that we apply (two different things).... DSD+ displays those labels.

Yea I figured out I could import my groups and radio file from DSDplus into ezscan
I’ve spent the last few days really hammering DSD plus on the dickson pd and Dickson sheriffs office info with DSDplus and a lot of the other sites on this Homeland system

There are so many more Talkgroups that haven’t been submitted to rr
Lots of ems type for the 52000’s
As soon as I can identifier more I’ll submit to rr
May take a while I gotta head back over the road this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.