TRX -2 Radio ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

simcoescan

Hoping someone can help me out here....

I see in the EZScan software I can program radio ID's on trunked systems. Is that also possible for digital non-trunking systems? There is still a radio ID's that is populated when I see a transmission however I would like to add those radio ID's into the programming.

Thanks

tikev

Is that also possible for digital non-trunking systems?

You can program your conventional digital frequency as a DMR/Nexedge system, and enter all your Talkgroups and Radio IDs in it. That's what I do with some conventional repeater with many TG, and it works.

I never really tried with the radio IDs, but it should work.

tikev

troymail

Silent Key
You can program your conventional digital frequency as a DMR/Nexedge system, and enter all your Talkgroups and Radio IDs in it. That's what I do with some conventional repeater with many TG, and it works.

tikev

I think based on seeing a similar question in the past specifically about P25 conventional frequencies, I assumed again this was asking about P25... and now realize the question wasn't that specific.

tikev is correct - for DMR and NXDN, I believe you can program conventional frequencies as a trunk system and use the radio ID feature - but not for P25 (as far as I know--- but also interested in learning of new options!)

simcoescan

tikev

When doing this...do I need to be concerned about the timeslot?

simcoescan

No.

Radio IDs only care about the radio ID itself when trying to find a match.

What I mean, is when programming the way tikev said. How would I signify the time slot like you can when programming a conventional channel. I can input everything into the trunking section to trick it except for the slot. There are 2 different talkgroups with the same ID on the system I am trying to program however one is slot 1 and one is slot 2.

troymail

Silent Key
What I mean, is when programming the way tikev said. How would I signify the time slot like you can when programming a conventional channel. I can input everything into the trunking section to trick it except for the slot. There are 2 different talkgroups with the same ID on the system I am trying to program however one is slot 1 and one is slot 2.

Trunk systems don't assign slots in advance like you might see on some conventional channel - so it really doesn't matter (and you can't set slots in trunk configuration). You just need to include the frequency and talkgroup IDs.

If your situation is that the same TGID is used on both slot 1 and slot 2 for two completely different users, you may have identified a problem with programming then as a trunk system....

simcoescan

Trunk systems don't assign slots in advance like you might see on some conventional channel - so it really doesn't matter (and you can't set slots in trunk configuration). You just need to include the frequency and talkgroup IDs.

If your situation is that the same TGID is used on both slot 1 and slot 2 for two completely different users, you may have identified a problem with programming then as a trunk system....

I understand that, but like trivek explained to do...its not a true trunked system. Just programming the conventional system into a the trunked section for radio id's to work. There are 2 talkgroups with the same ID and same frequency.

troymail

Silent Key
I understand that, but like trivek explained to do...its not a true trunked system. Just programming the conventional system into a the trunked section for radio id's to work. There are 2 talkgroups with the same ID and same frequency.

Understood - and as I said, that is a situation where when programming conventional frequencies as a trunk system are a problem as there is no programming option for "slots" on a trunk system.

BTW - are the frequencies/TGs in question posted on RRDB somewhere? Can you point me to them?

simcoescan

Understood - and as I said, that is a situation where when programming conventional frequencies as a trunk system are a problem as there is no programming option for "slots" on a trunk system.

BTW - are the frequencies/TGs in question posted on RRDB somewhere? Can you point me to them?

Wasaga Fire Tac 1 Tac 2 is an example of a few...
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=4321

troymail

Silent Key
I might be reading more into the question but an old analog motorola trunking system you can assign text tags to UID's. That is what our SO PD and FD use at this time.

The user is looking for a way to assign alpha tags to radios on conventional (DMR) frequencies.... The suggestion was to program the conventional frequency as a trunk system - which works fine (almost) for listening. However, he has a conventional DMR frequency which uses Slot 1 for "TAC 1" and Slot 2 for "TAC 2" but both slots/uses use the same TGID (2700).

BrianG61UK

The potential problems come if you have two different, say, tac 1234, one on each slot, and/or if you have two different, say, radio id 5555 one on each time slot. And in many cases you simply don't know if you have this or not.

fastgone

my it.trx-2 scanner

I have a trx-2 scanner and I would like to hear Cedar Hill tx police. I have the nxdx in . I can hear some of the calls but I like to hear the rest. Can anyone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank

troymail

Silent Key
I have a trx-2 scanner and I would like to hear Cedar Hill tx police. I have the nxdx in . I can hear some of the calls but I like to hear the rest. Can anyone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank

Probably need to have this moved to/start it's own thread.... however, assuming the closest site for the Southwest Regional Communications Center for you is Cedar Hill, you'll only want to program that one site (not all three).

Also - make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.