WS1040: downloading from database

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyFireBuffs

Premium Subscriber
I just got a WS1040 and I'm having a hard time programming this thing.Needing to some how download the frequencies into my scanner from the programming usb cable. But not sure how to do it.
I'm in Indianapolis ,Indiana and want all of the Indianapolis Fire Dept primary and ops channels only.Is this possible ?

rwier

Premium Subscriber
I just got a WS1040 and I'm having a hard time programming this thing.Needing to some how download the frequencies into my scanner from the programming usb cable. But not sure how to do it.
I'm in Indianapolis ,Indiana and want all of the Indianapolis Fire Dept primary and ops channels only.Is this possible ?

It would appear, based upon the RR Database, that the Indianapolis Fire Dept uses a Project 25 Phase I trunked radio system (TRS).

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5737

I believe that the WS 1040 is suitable for monitoring that type of TRS.

I am only familiar with the Win500 software as it relates to Project 25 Phase I TRSs. If you are using different software or no software, I can't help you.

When using Win500 software (or any suitable software), the proper terminology might resemble:

1) Import TRS/s into the software (using the software).
2) Assign/Distribute Talk Groups (TGs) into the numbered Scan Lists of your choice (no cable or computer needed for 1) and 2))
3) Upload the Scan Lists into the scanner (cable required).

Oh, by the way, welcome to the RR Forums!!!

Swipesy

Be sure to read the System Notes concerning the Indianapolis System on RadioReference. It contains some information on Mutual Aid programming. SInce the system is of a good size I suggest using software to program. Win500, PSRedit and ARC500 all offer free 30 day, fully functional trials.

TAbirdman

Be sure to read the System Notes concerning the Indianapolis System on RadioReference. It contains some information on Mutual Aid programming. SInce the system is of a good size I suggest using software to program. Win500, PSRedit and ARC500 all offer free 30 day, fully functional trials.
Look at the Start Here guide that was packaged with the manual. Mainly step 3 as it gives you the websites for the 2 vendors that whistler recommeds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

IndyFireBuffs

Premium Subscriber

I tried to do the ARC500 and it said I had to use the CD that came with my scanner.Well it didn't come with any CD.
And my download USB Cable will not work for some reason

Swipesy

I use both Win500 and PSREdit500 to program my PSR500. Both programs were written by knowledgeable men of the radio and work well. I don't download directly from RadioReference and instead use Excel to design my configuration then import the Excel spreadsheet into the software and then into the radio. Try these two programs. You will find that dollars spent will be worth it and they won't ask you to insert a CD.

Nasby

Ok well I just paid $15 FOR A PREMIMUM Membership here,Not sure Why and I'm not going to pay another $40 TO GET SOMETHING THAT'S NORMALLY FREE FOR OTHER TYPES OF RADIO'S.

As Swipsy said, all 3 of the software makers offer a free 30 day trial.

If you don't want to buy it, you could download the software and at least get the scanner programmed and into action before the 30 days is up.

5angler5

Radio Reference is all bull****. Glad I only spent $15. Should get the folks at Radio Refernce a couple of beers. Just plain crap.

ecps92

Data is only as good as submitted, so if there are errors, make the effort to submit the correct information

Radio Reference is all bull****. Glad I only spent $15. Should get the folks at Radio Refernce a couple of beers. Just plain crap.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Programming/downloading

I have been using scanners since the days of 4 channel crystal radios. That was followed by a Regency HX 1000 with 20 channels. No software or RR database, just lots of button pushing. RR is not overpriced. Any hobby is going to cost money. If you don't like the cost, get another hobby.

I have been using scanners since the days of 4 channel crystal radios. That was followed by a Regency HX 1000 with 20 channels. No software or RR database, just lots of button pushing. RR is not overpriced. Any hobby is going to cost money. If you don't like the cost, get another hobby.

Yah the button pushing and figuring it out is part of the fun! :p

DJ11DLN

This. I have no problem paying for the Premium Membership to keep my older (GRE500 type) scanners up to date and easily programmed...and more important to help keep this resource available.

Status
Not open for further replies.