2/6/18 - EZ Scan Update - EOF Error fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
2/6/2018

Hi everyone -
Due to the change in SSL versions, please update your EZ-Scan software with this newest version.

Once you have downloaded and installed this version of EZ-Scan, all server based updates should work correctly.

All updates are available here -> https://whistlergroup.com/pages/downloads

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
Whistler Wendy

wb5nbq

Whistler update

Thanks for fixing this. Works fine now. Downloaded new EZ-Scan software, uninstalled software on PC and reinstalled with new software (all programming stayed). Thanks

zwc

Premium Subscriber
awesome. I will download this once I get home. Cheers!

k2hz

Database Admin
I installed the new version with no problem but Avast antivirus blocked it from running as an unknown suspicious file. I indicated it was a trusted file and Avast acknowledged the report but still refuses to run it.

I temporarily disabled Avast and the file runs fine. Hopefully, Avast will do an update to allow it to run. Other Avast users may have a problem unitll this is resolved.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Seems to be a glitch if i try to mass select in the scanlist to change delay or led settings, once i set it and come back to the list it clears all trunked systems Alpha tags and scanlist number. And also it is adding conv freqs alpha tag's first letter only not and not the whole alpha tag.

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I installed the new version with no problem but Avast antivirus blocked it from running as an unknown suspicious file. I indicated it was a trusted file and Avast acknowledged the report but still refuses to run it.

I temporarily disabled Avast and the file runs fine. Hopefully, Avast will do an update to allow it to run. Other Avast users may have a problem unitll this is resolved.

Someone else recently reported that Norton was flagging it as a trojan virus on their machine...not sure what's going on. Since you know it's from Whistler just turn off Avast while you install and then turn it back on...

Wendy - can you make sure the devs know about this and see if they can figure out what's tripping these AV programs?

Last edited:

budevans

Tried to download the TRX-1 program using Windows Internet Explorer. I got all of the way to the Download screen. Clicked on Download, nothing happened.

So I tried Chrome, this time the Download started and was halted with a Windows Defender error message. But, it did let me continue. I then received a Norton AV message indicating it was an unsigned file. I was given several options. I selected to continue. I was then prompted to recommend a rating, I selected Safe for download. At that point the download proceeded and I was able to do the install.

Wow, talk about jumping through hoops.:)

wb5nbq

trouble v-scanner folder description

I don't seem to be able to set v-scanner folder description after todays (2-6-18) software updates on both TRX-1 and WS1098. Everything else looks fine so far..

W5RGP

2/6/2018

Hi everyone -
Due to the change in SSL versions, please update your EZ-Scan software with this newest version.

Once you have downloaded and installed this version of EZ-Scan, all server based updates should work correctly.

All updates are available here -> https://whistlergroup.com/pages/downloads

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
Whistler Wendy

how do we resize the fields? mine are all crunched together with this new version
a couple of them can be resized but others cant and you cant read anything

Attachments

• 001.jpeg
    001.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,285
  • 002.jpeg
    002.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,284
Last edited:

momotych

I don't see the right editting panels at "Scanlist" "Conventional Frequencies" and "Trunked Radio Systems" sections. Where now are buttons New, Duplicate, Delete? Where is Import from clipboard?

w8nyy

Premium Subscriber
Same issue here. Whistler Support is saying "We are looking into this. It seems some Win 10 systems but not all are experiencing this issue."

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I have 2 Windows 10 machines and both are messed up after this update. I even tried to uninstall and install fresh and the screen is still screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.