2/7/18 - EZ Scan Update - Win 10 Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
If you have already downloaded and installed the EZ Scan application from the whistlergroup.com website
as of 2/6/18, please update to the latest release using the pc app > Check for PC Application Updates.
This will address many of the compatibility issues of the newly complied application with Win 10

If you have not downloaded and installed the EZ Scan application from the whistlergroup.com website
as of 2/6/18, please download and install by going to www.whistlergroup.com/pages/downloads
Once you have installed, please check for update using the pc app > Check for PC Application Updates.

We will continue to address issues when they are identified and appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding.
Bug reports should include the EZ scan version, PC operating system, and a description or screenshot of the issue.

Whistler Wendy

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I updated the PC software, had to redo the DSP settings to bring it back to a semi normal looking screen and went to read from the radio to the software and the program reading got to 33% and threw a code that I cannot bring back because the software is now lock onto my PC and I cannot exit from it at all. I cannot even hard stop/ close the program. It is forcing a restart of the windows 10 PC.

Same exact thing is happening on the Surface Pro 4 tablet from Windows running win 10.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber

JERRYBIGJ

I am using windows 10 home version 1709 OS Build 16299.214 with 64-bit operating system,x64- based processor and having no problem communicating with my TRX-1 with version 3.21 ez scan pc computer software. Checked for updates and redid card in scanner with no errors at all. Also my text looks normal. Also just checked my TRX-2 with version 3.21 for check for all updates with no problems communicating.
Jerry

Last edited:

mmhorn

Fine Install

I am running a Dell Inspiron with windows 10 Pro and the install of ver 3.21.0.569 went fine. First I uninstalled
ver 3.20.0 and then installed new version with no problems. Screen looks good.
Mike

Swipesy

Thank you Whistler for EZScan 1080 Ver 2.31.0.569. Now you have screwed up the General Tab and made the font so small on the ScanList that it is hard to read. If you can't get your act together then put an option in the software to let us change the font to our liking. The more you change the worse it gets.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
Screenshots in the links below are from a MacBook Pro running Windows 10 Pro as a VM under current version of Parallels. Prior to the latest group of EZ scan updates there were no screen issues. 3.21 continues to be unusable.
http://k3sls.net/ezscan/ezscan1.jpg
http://k3sls.net/ezscan/ezscan2.jpg
http://k3sls.net/ezscan/ezscan3.jpg
http://k3sls.net/ezscan/ezscan4.jpg
http://k3sls.net/ezscan/ezscan5.jpg
http://k3sls.net/ezscan/ezscan6.jpg
http://k3sls.net/ezscan/ezscan7.jpg

I've installed the .569 build and still have the same screen issues. Also, the .569 build still reports the same version as previous build. Both show 3.21.

Chronic

Same here

this is what I am getting

Also anytime I try to read from the scanner a few days after updating it I always get the error that value must be between 1 and 2147483647 . Always , this has happened since day 1 with the trx-2.

this is with win 7

Attachments

• ezscan.JPG
    ezscan.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 906
  • ezscan1.JPG
    ezscan1.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 886

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Also anytime I try to read from the scanner a few days after updating it I always get the error that value must be between 1 and 2147483647 . Always , this has happened since day 1 with the trx-2.

this is with win 7

Use the link that Wendy posted above > dowload and install the software > then use EZScan to check for updates and install the update.

This is what the update fixes - the EOF error - as she explained in the very first post of this very thread.

KE0BTJ

Premium Subscriber
Still having issues with the way it looks. Did the DPS setting change once again and that brought it back to a semi normal look.

Also, you are showing 2/7/2018 when today is 2/8/2018.

Yeah I noticed that too. Why is Wendy showing the wrong date?

The update still does not have the scroll bars or the buttons to delete channels.
BTW does anyone know how to get the LEDs to actually show the colors you pick on the custom colors menu? Like YELLOW---Mine always shows green. Purple also does not show what you choose. It comes up as blue. I have read lots of previous threads on this issue. NOTHING worked for me. Is it just the LEDS? Can they actually produce the colors in the software?

Last edited:

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
With this latest version I'm unable to resize the TRX data window... in the conventional tab for example. This is on Win7-64. I can no longer see the entire row of columns. Please fix ASAP. And this is not a scaling issue. The sidebar (with the frequencies count) is locked and won't move with the resize control.

Does anyone have the 3.20 exe ezscan for TRX-1?

Last edited:

n6ect

I am now receiving the same response, posted in Chronic's images, which occurred when I attempted to update my TRX-2 / W-10/64 Library.

On receiving Errors, I followed Wendy’s advice, and the same messages reappeared. (btw) Thank you Wendy for including a date on the download page.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Whistler for EZScan 1080 Ver 2.31.0.569. Now you have screwed up the General Tab and made the font so small on the ScanList that it is hard to read. If you can't get your act together then put an option in the software to let us change the font to our liking. The more you change the worse it gets.

I have to concur font size very small almost unreadable.

I will be waiting for another software update .

allend

Premium Subscriber
Well I un-installed both versions from my desktop computer and my laptop that both have Windows 10

Then I installed both updates from today and everything went fine until reading from the radio and I got the error saying

Value must be between 1 and 214483647. Then I used the SD Card reader and everything went fine reading from the SD Card and writing back to the SD Card.

Go Figure. I am using the TRX-2 radio

daddyjohn

I've installed the .569 build and still have the same screen issues. Also, the .569 build still reports the same version as previous build. Both show 3.21.

I am running Win 8.1 and this is exactly what mine is doing after the last update. DIdn't so this before last update.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
My scanner works just fine without the update, so I'm not fixing what aint broke.

Yes, the scanner will. The 'fix' is to fix an error in EZScan if/when you go to update your scanner - some backend settings were changed on the server side and you will get an error. If you don't need or want to do any updates then it won't be an issue and your scanner will work just fine. But if you EVER want to update the database, etc., you'll have to reinstall EZScan to fix the back end stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.