2/12/18 New EZ Scan Update Today - Win 10 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
If you have already downloaded and installed the EZ Scan application from the whistlergroup.com website
as of 2/6/18, please update to the latest release using the pc app > Check for PC Application Updates.
This will address many of the compatibility issues of the newly complied application with Win 10

If you have not downloaded and installed the EZ Scan application from the whistlergroup.com website
as of 2/6/18, please download and install by going to www.whistlergroup.com/pages/downloads
Once you have installed, please check for update using the pc app > Check for PC Application Updates.

New with this release:
Resolved inconsistent font sizes in various lists.
Fixed scanlist listing on the general tab to remove the horizontal scroll bar.
Possible fix to extra characters being added to alpha tags when adding talkgroup and radio ID objects to a trunked system.
Updated the processing when deleting a talkgroup or radio ID object in the trunked systems tab to update what's happening during the process.
Removed the resize restriction. Lists that are resize-able will now expand based on the screen size as they did in prior versions.

The interruption and the issues that followed are the result of an unexpected security level change causing us to use a new compiler that supports the new security levels, With the new compiler there were a lot of changes in the language resulting in functions and syntax used either no longer exist, or have changed.

We will continue to address issues when they are identified and appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding.

Bug reports should include the EZ scan version, PC operating system, and a description or screenshot of the issue.

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Whistler Wendy

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Ez scan software removed from PC 100% re downloaded software from Whistler site, once installed updated PC software. Went to read from card hooked into card reader and it still will not move past 33% without throwing the issues I have already shared to the group posting I had made. Tried reading and writing while plugged into scanner direct and have same outcome.

Using a 2 year old Asus gaming PC with 12bg ram 3 TB hard drive (with nothing on it) running a Intel Icore i7 using Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Same thing is happening on my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 home 64 bit also.

Tried to attach the photo once again here and the site does not allow it since I already have posted it in another thread.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I updated the programs for both my TRX-1 and legacy updated 668 and it looks like the EZ-Scan programs are almost back to normal. The font problem is fixed and I can read it now!

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Ez scan software removed from PC 100% re downloaded software from Whistler site, once installed updated PC software. Went to read from card hooked into card reader and it still will not move past 33% without throwing the issues I have already shared to the group posting I had made. Tried reading and writing while plugged into scanner direct and have same outcome.

Using a 2 year old Asus gaming PC with 12bg ram 3 TB hard drive (with nothing on it) running a Intel Icore i7 using Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Same thing is happening on my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 home 64 bit also.

Tried to attach the photo once again here and the site does not allow it since I already have posted it in another thread.

Could it be a card issue? Try another card.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I thought the same thing but have tried to prepare the card, which failed and then I tried a clean card never used and it won't allow to read to it at all.

You have not yet eliminated it being a card, what make card?, size,speed? Also not all micro sd cards are compatible with the whistler scanners.

Are you formatting it using a card reader? or via USB...if USB try another cable but I highly recommend you do it via card reader as it is 10 times faster.

Last edited:

MichaelBhere

I thought the same thing but have tried to prepare the card, which failed and then I tried a clean card never used and it won't allow to read to it at all.

I had this happen to me before on occasion even before the recent issues with the newly compiled apps.
Try closing the EZ Scan app, then open it again, then try to read from the SD card.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Still seeing only the first letter/number added instead of the whole Alpha tag to CONV objects.

Dafe1er

You have not yet eliminated it being a card, what make card?, size,speed? Also not all micro sd cards are compatible with the whistler scanners.

Are you formatting it using a card reader? or via USB...if USB try another cable but I highly recommend you do it via card reader as it is 10 times faster.

I've formatted the card to erase everything off of it using the USB only. Doing this method using the scanner didn't work the first time so I plug the card into a reader then directly into the PC. This card is the one I bought when buying the scanner last year and has worked fine since. I also did this with a brand new card just purchased yesterday because I was thinking the card went bad. Not the case. I also tried five different readers and nothing has made it work reading in the software. Thankfully I copied what was on the card before doing a wipe and everything seems to be in order with the card working on the department like before on the scanner. I just have no way to reprogram the card for what I want updated.

This all occurred after the last three updates from whistler. Nothing has even changed on my end.
95306baf4ca2791e206bcd69eafb1e0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Use a windows 7 pc if your using win 10 until whistler gets it all sorted out., in my computer, rt click on the card, select properties, then select tools, then error checking. if is passes format it with windows to fat 32. If it formats, open u ezscan and prepare the card, this will format it yet again and install your data and rr library if you want.

If it doesn't pass error checking and fixing it then the card is BAD.

By a class 4 sandisk 8gb micro sd card. AMAZON has them for less then $9 shipped with prime.

Dafe1er

Use a windows 7 pc if your using win 10 until whistler gets it all sorted out., in my computer, rt click on the card, select properties, then select tools, then error checking. if is passes format it with windows to fat 32. If it formats, open u ezscan and prepare the card, this will format it yet again and install your data and rr library if you want.

If it doesn't pass error checking and fixing it then the card is BAD.

By a class 4 sandisk 8gb micro sd card. AMAZON has them for less then $9 shipped with prime.

That worked!!!!! Guessing format was not working properly either.

Thank you very much as I would not have thought to do it this way.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Please post which version of Windows you are using when posting errors...this may help them.

Windows 7 or 10? Home or Pro? 32- or 64-bit?

It’s in your System info if you don’t already know it.

kmh603

Downloaded new version, worked fine. One issue, The font size is so small I can barely see them? I looked for something to enlarge the font size and I found nothing. I went to "Help" then to " View Help" and option is blank? nothing there, I get a window that opens with nothing in it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.