More weird EZ Scan stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

designeq

I'd like some confirmation about what seems to me to be inexplicable behavior with the EZ Scan software.

It goes like this:

If I select a set of talkgroups from the Library Import tab and assign them to a scanlist, they plot right into the list without problems. However, if I am ever doing another import from the library and I happen to select any talkgroups from a trunked radio system that have already been imported to a scanlist, and try to import them to a different scanlist, it will put the talkgroups into the new scanlist. But what it also does, without any warning or notification, is to remove the talkgroups from the first scanlist I imported it into.

Why oh why would it do this? You can assign talkgroup objects to multiple scanlists by clicking the scanlists field in an open Scanlist Information window. You can assign them to several other scanlists as well as keeping them in the current scanlist.

So why doesn't EZ Scan, when it provides you with the set of scanlist to import into, mark the scanlists that are currently assigned those objects, and keep them there? Instead, it annoyingly always selects scanlist 1 (I can't tell you how many times I have had to go into scanlist 1 and remove unwanted objects) and doesn't show you where those objects already reside. Then, it removes other instances of those objects if they are assigned to other scanlists.

This is maddening. EZ Scan already knows where everything is and has the information and ability to keep all your objects where you put them. It just seems to willfully remove stuff without notifying the user.

I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm this behavior and I would be very interested if someone has any rationale for why the software would behave like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.