TRX-2: antennia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ11DLN

A leaf-type TV antenna, hung vertical in a window, works well for a friend of mine who lives in an apartment. They're fairly broad-banded and it gives him decent performance from VHF-Hi to the 800-900 MHz range. But they are a compromise so if you have one specific frequency range you are after, post it and you'll get better suggestions.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Trial and error is the only way to find out what works best in your area and systems if the stock telescoping one is not getting done.

rustynswrail

What is a good antenna for my scanner. I live in an apt.

I don't know.

What is a good oil for my car? I live in a house.

That is obviously an ambiguous and somewhat flippant question, because antenna selection is just as subjective.

What type of scanner, base or portable? Do you want the antenna to be discretely mounted outside or hidden inside? Do you want to monitor just UHF or VHF or 800 MHz or combination thereof, as someone already eluded to? How far a field do you wish to monitor? That alone may determine the type of antenna you choose. Are you in a built up area or rural region? Which floor of the block of units are you on? Generally the higher the better obviously.

If some of those questions can be answered maybe someone could help.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.