no frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

I have a new computer and I downloaded trx--2 download which was successful. As I look at the main screen of the download and the scan lists, there are no frequencies. I did all the updates I could for the program but nothing- any suggestions? thanks
jwashington@vtc.net
John

You would think this was intuitive. But, a new computer, and new EZScan equals download the SD card to the software. Should populate the software again. Unless you did this, and the scanlists didn't populate the software. Then I can't come up with an answer.
Larry

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I am assuming you previously programmed the scanner via another computer....
did you archive the data on the old PC?

or is this a first time programmng the scanner?

You would think this was intuitive. But, a new computer, and new EZScan equals download the SD card to the software. Should populate the software again. Unless you did this, and the scanlists didn't populate the software. Then I can't come up with an answer.
Larry
I had used another computer in the past with the radio reference frequencies. But with this computer the downloaded program had no frequencies in conventional or trunked area. Frequencies were on the scanner but not on ez-load. wish I was intuitive as you Larry.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I had used another computer in the past with the radio reference frequencies. But with this computer the downloaded program had no frequencies in conventional or trunked area. Frequencies were on the scanner but not on ez-load. wish I was intuitive as you Larry.

Yes, this is actually correct since the new software doesn't know what you have on your scanner yet. Take your SD card from your scanner and put it in the computer and, under the "Scanner/SD Card" menu, select "Copy Configuration From Scanner/Memory Card" (second option, I believe).

I'm not in front of my computer with the EZScan software on it but I believe my wording of the menu option is correct. It'll pop up a window to have you select the SD card and then after you click the button to tell it to, it should import all your settings just as they are on your scanner. You can then make changes and copy them back to your scanner, if needed. Or, at least, have your software matching the scanner.

Post back if you have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.