TRX-2 error Code:4-00

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketNJ

Received a refurbished TRX-2 scanner on Thursday and it was clearly not properly refurbished (see other thread).

Out of the box the scanner had a Code: 4-00 error. I fixed this by cleaning the contacts on the included SD card with De-Oxit Red, then conditioned the contacts with De-Oxit gold. (we use De-Oxit for battery contacts in work). I formatted the SD card in my laptop and loaded a few systems on it.

I have the scanner set on a single DMR conventional channel and the scanner is set to feed discriminator out to a PC running DSD+. Everything was running fine Saturday evening. I checked this morning and the scanner was not decoding. I held the power button to turn off the scanner, waited 30 seconds and held the power button to turn it on. Came up with Init SD card then eventually comes up with loading firmware, please do not turn off scanner. If I let go of the button it turns off. If I continue to hold the power button through that message I get another Code:4-00 error.

Seems I got a TURD.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
As you stated in the other thread, call Uniden.

worble7

had the same thing just happen with a new scanner did this worked great
This is direct from Whistler.

Try this:
· Unplug power cord from back of scanner
· Unplug USB cable from front of scanner
· Detach removable head
· Remove and then reinsert SD card
· Reattach scanner head
· Press and hold power button for 30 seconds (leave cables unplugged)
· Release power button
· Plug in power cord
· Press and hold power button until screen shows “Power on, release button”

RocketNJ

Did that initially. failed again 3 days later with same error. Problem is the SD cards suck. Going to try a class 10 to see if it is any better.

Ubbe

The class doesn't matter, that is a speed mark and the scanners SD interface are super slow.

My local media store had a sale on 8GB SD cards of the big size that hardly any devices uses nowadays. I think it said that it was suitable for memory for Playstation and was a class4. Haven't had any problems with it and the original card that was included with the scanner that gave me both 3.xx and 4.00 errors also started to work without any problems after using SDFormatter on it.

/Ubbe

RocketNJ

Thanks. Failed during update of database to card this morning.
Didn't have the laptop available to pull the SD card. Shouldn't have to do that either.

It is what it is, but really poor design.

Status
Not open for further replies.