TRX 2 Encoder in cool weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersight

Just curious, does anybody else have any issues with the encoder during cooler temperatures? My TRX 2 is mounted in my car. It seem when the weather gets below 7 degrees Celsius (about 44 Fahrenheit ) the encoder will not respond very well. eg, if I want to turn up the volume higher, the value won't change, or it will even go backwards sometimes. Same thing with adjusting brightness, nothing happens and sometimes it gets dimmer.
When the car warms up, the encoder works great.
Not complaining. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem. :)

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I use mine where the temperature drops to 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7 C) or lower and the only negative affect is the display takes a few minutes to reach full response.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if maybe it's getting condensate forming causing a temporary short until it heats up and dry's out.

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks.
I must have a faulty decoder then, because it's operating within that range

I, too, have the same issue with my TRX-2 in colder weather. I have to turn it very slowly and it still may not change or might even go in the wrong direction. I think you have a legitimate issue. Works a bit better once the heater warms things up in the truck.

Anyone else using their TRX-2 mobile in cooler areas?

TAbirdman

I, too, have the same issue with my TRX-2 in colder weather. I have to turn it very slowly and it still may not change or might even go in the wrong direction. I think you have a legitimate issue. Works a bit better once the heater warms things up in the truck.

Anyone else using their TRX-2 mobile in cooler areas?
You can always use the Up/Down arrows! [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Mopatops

Just curious, does anybody else have any issues with the encoder during cooler temperatures? My TRX 2 is mounted in my car. It seem when the weather gets below 7 degrees Celsius (about 44 Fahrenheit ) the encoder will not respond very well. eg, if I want to turn up the volume higher, the value won't change, or it will even go backwards sometimes. Same thing with adjusting brightness, nothing happens and sometimes it gets dimmer.
When the car warms up, the encoder works great.
Not complaining. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem. :)

Mine does the same in the car in low temperatures, but I thought it was to do with the extension cable I have running from the dash to under the seat where the main unit is. I've not tried it directly connected to see if this makes a difference. Like has been said earlier, I use the up down for the volume etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.