Exporting System from EZscan

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5RGP

is there anyway to export a Trunked system from ezscan to maybe a excell spreadsheet or .CSV file
or atleast export a list of the tg's and Freq's

Thanks

W5RGP

No. Unfortunately there isn't.

Would be a nice feature [emoji16]

I’ve got a big nxdn system setup in there with lots of secret talkgroups and wanted a way to not have to hand enter it all again into my bcd436 and 536

So I have already started building it into a couple of spreadsheets so I can import it when sentinel is fixed for nxdn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeHe...
Yeah. this was a PITA back when the 800 first came out...No copy/paste option..
If i remember, it was due to the freq DB that the EZScan software held the RRDB..
and the cut and paste would circumvent having to be a member of RR..

No Butel/ ARC software support..Just had EZScan to program...Hated it...

grahampaull

OCR

Best I can offer is to Take a Screenshot of your Freqs etc then run the screenshot through an online OCR site.

This is how I manage it.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Load one of the 30-day free trials of a software that have export capabilities. Then download the scanner's data into it, and export.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I don't see any need to use exporting as ezscan handles the imports and moving around just fine, you need to retrain your brain to ezscan if you were using other software.

W5RGP

I don't see any need to use exporting as ezscan handles the imports and moving around just fine, you need to retrain your brain to ezscan if you were using other software.

Read my original post

I have a large nxdn system that I built from scratch in ezscan for all of my trx’s

I now have nxdn on my uniden 436 and 536 I did not want to have to manually re enter 100 freqs and about 20 sites and over 150 tg’s

So I was looking for a way to export it so I could import it into sentinel or proscan

If you don’t have an answer to my original post and just want to be sarcastic just keep your pie hole shut

10-4 ??

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Read my original post

I have a large nxdn system that I built from scratch in ezscan for all of my trx’s

I now have nxdn on my uniden 436 and 536 I did not want to have to manually re enter 100 freqs and about 20 sites and over 150 tg’s

So I was looking for a way to export it so I could import it into sentinel or proscan

If you don’t have an answer to my original post and just want to be sarcastic just keep your pie hole shut

10-4 ??

Stuff this this in your PIE HOLE...THERE IS CURRENTLY NO F'N WAY TO EXPORT from ezscan as was said earlier in the thread. 10-4??

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I can copy and past some of the fields, like Alpha Tag, one at a time, but not TGID. It is too bad there is not a product like a web scrapper that could scrape the spreadsheet data.

I also find lack of export annoying as I use both GRE/Whistler and Uniden scanners. GRE took extreme measures to lock everything down, given that RR seems to be okay with the way Uniden implemented their HP line of scanners. Uniden uses formatted text for their scanner files, while GRE/Whistler uses binary. It is possible for a program like CHIRP to deal with binary files, and a number of commercial radios using binary format are supported. GRE took the extra step of obfuscating the files using two different methods, one for the RRDB files, and the other for the scanner files.

I wonder if not allowing third party support since the PSR-800 is driven by fear that the FCC would go after GRE/Whistler for "easy cellular modification", if a third-party found a way to receive cellular by directly modifying the files on the computer.

Whistler considers obfuscation to be the same as encryption, so Whistler would likely try to shut down any third-party program for just reading their scanner files directly, legal or not.

73 Eric

Machria

Premium Subscriber

Really??? Ever try to move a Scanlist? For example, I would like to swap Scanlist #5 with Scanlist #20 and vice versa. I have yet to figure out a way other than re enter both of them.

I wonder if not allowing third party support since the PSR-800 is driven by fear that the FCC would go after GRE/Whistler for "easy cellular modification", if a third-party found a way to receive cellular by directly modifying the files on the computer.

Whistler considers obfuscation to be the same as encryption, so Whistler would likely try to shut down any third-party program for just reading their scanner files directly, legal or not.

73 Eric

That doesn't make any sense, they released a protocol for the communications last year, no?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Maybe someone will find this console utility useful. Better than a window scrapper, but not as elegant as direct support. Should work in command window in Windows XP and up. It is still some work to convert/cut/paste multiple files to another program, but the amount of typing will hopefully be reduced.
GFSD

73 Eric

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Thanks eric.... I will give that a whirl one day.

I wonder WHEN Whistler will add proper import / export to the software?????

Swipesy

Eric,

Your utility works great! However, why does the program not dump the ScanList field. I get all info but the ScanList field is blank.

John

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Great that you find it useful. I am in the process of adding ScanList output. I may add the backlight/LED and Alert as well.

73 Eric

AC9BX

I build all my stuff in a spreadsheet. Frequencies, tags, talk groups, etc. Then I can copy and paste into the scanner programming software. You don't get downloading from the RR database but you gain flexibility and customization. You can pre-set scan lists, recording enable, modes, PL, AGC, to your liking. EZ Scan does a pretty good job auto-detecting the fields. I'll use the same spreadsheet and paste into Win500.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone tried to "deconstruct" the EZScan db, in order to EXPORT the data into a spreadsheet?

As a IT guy, I just can NOT believe Whistler does not add an EXPORT feature... UN-except-able! Where is Wendy on this subject???

Status
Not open for further replies.