WS1095: 2 scanners, 1 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
I have 2 1095s in my car and I was wondering if I could plug them both into my laptop at the same time to do updates and what not. I know the SD cards are just seen as mass storage devices but what about the units themselves. I don’t want to try some firmware update and wreck them.

NOTES: The will be connected to a USB hub with short cables from the units to the hub and a long cable from the hub to the laptop and pulling the cards is NOT an option.

Ubbe

It has been noted elsewhere that they tend to use a common usb driver so that only one scanner at the time gets a connection. If you manage to solve that computer problem the scanners SD cards will be given different drive letters and are safe to program as you select in the EZScan software which signle drive to use.

/Ubbe

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
It has been noted elsewhere that they tend to use a common usb driver so that only one scanner at the time gets a connection. If you manage to solve that computer problem the scanners SD cards will be given different drive letters and are safe to program as you select in the EZScan software which signle drive to use.

/Ubbe

Hummmmm. Maybe I should email whistler support. Thanks.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Make 2 different vscanner folders, active the desired one on each scanner. that is one way to do it with a single pc and 2 scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.