TRX-1: Man down Emergency alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there is a way on the trx-1 to receive the ‘man down’ emergency alerts that come from units portable and mobile radios?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
No there is not only two way radios can do it

troymail

Silent Key
Does anyone know if there is a way on the trx-1 to receive the ‘man down’ emergency alerts that come from units portable and mobile radios?

Not sure if this is the same thing but on older Motorola systems, you could detect/receive "emergency button" presses using the status bits.

I don't think there is an ability to do the same with P25 (or other?) system types with the possible exception of those systems where the result of an emergency activation is to automatically switch the radio to a dedicated talkgroup for emergencies.

There is obviously some type of status being sent from a radio - but I don't think it is being detected by the scanners.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is the same thing but on older Motorola systems, you could detect/receive "emergency button" presses using the status bits.

I don't think there is an ability to do the same with P25 (or other?) system types with the possible exception of those systems where the result of an emergency activation is to automatically switch the radio to a dedicated talkgroup for emergencies.

There is obviously some type of status being sent from a radio - but I don't think it is being detected by the scanners.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Do the emergency alerts for p25 go through control channels and talkgroups or how?

troymail

Silent Key
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Do the emergency alerts for p25 go through control channels and talkgroups or how?

Great question - I'd think yes but maybe someone else here knows for sure....

I recall that the status bits for Motorola weren't included in initial releases of scanner firmware (it was something added later).

Also, P25 Phase 1 encryption is fairly well detected on scanners but Phase 2 isn't. I suspect more work is needed in control channel processing to address more of these items...

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
You may just hear it when it’s triggered. In my area, the conventional radio system for EMS, when the alert is tripped, it locks out everyone else except dispatch and can only be turned off by the person alerting or dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.