WS1095: WS1095 Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had trouble with virus infecting WS1095?

Windows Defender

Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl

Affected items:

file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Whistler\WS1095\WS1095.exe

file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Whistler\WS1095 EZ Scan Digital BAse-Mobile Trunking Scanner\EZ-Scan Base-Mobile Digital.lnk

regkey: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\Whistler WS1095

startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Whistler\WS1095 EZ Scan Digital BAse-Mobile Trunking Scanner\EZ-Scan Base-Mobile Digital.lnk

uninstall: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\Whistler WS1095

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I get it with my trx-2.
I am assuming it is a false positive.

BrianG61UK

Yes, I get it with my trx-2.
I am assuming it is a false positive.

Microsoft are normally quite quick at fixing false positives, but it does depend on there being a few people who have the file in question and have the "send file samples automatically when further analysis is required" feature enabled.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
yes i do, so what do we do?

Has anyone had trouble with virus infecting WS1095?

Windows Defender

Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl

Affected items:

file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Whistler\WS1095\WS1095.exe

file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Whistler\WS1095 EZ Scan Digital BAse-Mobile Trunking Scanner\EZ-Scan Base-Mobile Digital.lnk

regkey: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\Whistler WS1095

startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Whistler\WS1095 EZ Scan Digital BAse-Mobile Trunking Scanner\EZ-Scan Base-Mobile Digital.lnk

uninstall: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\Whistler WS1095

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Last edited:

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed that my desktop icon wasn't displaying correctly and when I clicked on it to open it said the app can't run on my computer. Is that what is going on here with this post...?

Either way, does anyone know about this? If so, what should I do?

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Virus

I just noticed that my desktop icon wasn't displaying correctly and when I clicked on it to open it said the app can't run on my computer. Is that what is going on here with this post...?

Either way, does anyone know about this? If so, what should I do?

I removed the virus when windows defender alerted me to it. I then had to re-install the Whistler WS1095 software and everything is fine. I did NOT lose any data.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I saw something about a trojan being removed or "inspected" by norton automatically the other day. Is that related to the Whistler ezscan 1095 problem?

I guess I'll have to reload the software from Whistler, correct?

BrianG61UK

You can just reinstall if you still have the setup files.

Or look in the quarantine of your anti-virus and restore any parts of EZ-Scan you find there.

Last edited:

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
OK guys, thank you.

I ended up reloading an earlier version and it's fine but it still won't let me download the 233 version. I couldn't figure out how to make an exception yet. It's calling it "Trojan gen 6" I believe, so I'm a little wary of letting it through at this point. I guess I'll just keep the version that's working for now.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
OK guys, thank you.

I ended up reloading an earlier version and it's fine but it still won't let me download the 233 version. I couldn't figure out how to make an exception yet. It's calling it "Trojan gen 6" I believe, so I'm a little wary of letting it through at this point. I guess I'll just keep the version that's working for now.

Make a exception to a folder and download it to that directly as well as install it to that folder too, i just did that with TRX-2 software witch defender always nukes the moment i download it and it did not complain at all.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
BitDefender got it from my laptop last week and nuked it on my behalf. Thanks BitDefender. I had to re-download and install, after adding the exception to the program path in BitDefender. What a mess.

I recall seeing something similar with ESET when I first got into Whistler/EZScan and finding out the false-positive was due to how Whistler compiles their software. Their compiler has the same signature as a known malware, or the known malware uses the same compiler so things start to freak out.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Seems like whistler would do something about this. I seem to recall a few different issues like this as far as virus is concerned...

Ubbe

It's not the compiler, it is the portion of the code where it is overwriting files that already exists, a function that also a virus infection does to be able to spread the infection, that triggers the virus warning.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.