Most calls sound garbled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmallery519

Hi, I just got my hand held Whistler police scanner and I've noticed that a lot of calls mainly from the dispatcher sounds garbled. From what I can pick up, it's not a high security call, could just be on a traffic stop. Is there a setting that I'm missing? It's very frustrating most times.

jackj

Simulcast will cause that and Lucas County as well as Toledo PD uses a simulcast system. I don't know which part of Toledo you live in but Fulton County system is not simulcast. If you want to check to see if your radio is working properly, drive out to the Swanton area. Get the frequencies on RadoReference.com.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Whistler Scanners -? which one?

Condolences on your choice of purchase. Same happened to me. But the Unidens that came out at the same time in Sep 2014 have the same problems with Simulcast interference. YouTube is loaded with videos comparing scanners with that problem. I was shocked when my new 2014 WS1080 was WORSE in all ways than my 2004 PRO96 from Radio Shack. Even without an antenna my Pro96 is superior on 800mhz Simulcast Trunked Systems. I suffered for 2 years and through countless antennas and horrible, unacceptable mobile reception with the WS1080. Whistler scanners are the reason WHY I bought a Unication G5 pager/radio. I'm very happy now. Great products. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

lou9155

same story here...i bought a trx2 to be able to hear p25 phase2..it was totally garbled and also the design was ridiculously awkward to program and use...sent it back and bought a bcd436...love the database and the menus but the p25 phase1 and 2 audio is very garbled and hard to make out ...so i gave up on phase 2 and bought a pro2096 which has great digital audio..my older rs digital models sound as good as analog

Status
Not open for further replies.