TRX-2: Whistler software failure on updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4BCN

Hello seem to be having a problem downloading the database files I keep getting an error unable to create file on your computer. It gives me the target file name and location and for some reason is says something about onedrive is where the location it is looking for. Is there a way to switch folders were the target file goes??

Attachments

• whistler.JPG
    whistler.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 494

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The Library update worked for me on my win 7 pc, try rebooting your computer, then do the update again. If it fails again turn off your antivirus and repeat.

troymail

Silent Key
Hello seem to be having a problem downloading the database files I keep getting an error unable to create file on your computer. It gives me the target file name and location and for some reason is says something about onedrive is where the location it is looking for. Is there a way to switch folders were the target file goes??

Did you install/activate OneDrive?

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026188/windows-turn-off-onedrive-in-windows-10

KE4BCN

Ok yes that could have been the problem but I have uninstalled onedrive and whistler software and then reinstalled the whistler software. Whistler software installs to the default location fine but when I go to do the update it still tried to look in the onedrive location. Ideas?

troymail

Silent Key
Ok yes that could have been the problem but I have uninstalled onedrive and whistler software and then reinstalled the whistler software. Whistler software installs to the default location fine but when I go to do the update it still tried to look in the onedrive location. Ideas?

When you uninstall the Whistler software, I assume the directories and files still remain. There may be something on one of those configuration files that is still pointing to OneDrive.

Try uninstalling again, then rename the Whistler TRX-2 folder (i.e. TRX-2old) and reinstall again...

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
It’s a permissions issue. I have the same problem and my only solution is to delete the locally stored copy of the database then download any updates.

KE4BCN

Ok solution was to uninstall Whistler software then reinstall but changing default path to C:\TRX-2. Thanks for all your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.