WS1065: raddio

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedryder

hellol
hi i have a whistler 1065
i was wondering when i go to fuction plus scan it goes to the sweeper mode but i never hear any thing
over there just curious is to y is that i would like to hear more conversation other than my regular programed features i have on there can someone help me here just a new on here ty u can email me at my @ haunted48ryder@hotmail.com ty im still learning how to use this im new at all this digital stuff im very old school here ty

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Sweeper help

It's easy to program with Starsoft Win500, the sweeper function has to be programed as an object. So you search range say 169-174 upper and lower freqs need to be programmed as a single sweeper object. Everything you scan in that radio is an object, all talkgroups are objects and they are related to specific tsys objects. Every object can be assigned to any scanlist. Sweepers are objects but they are search ranges not a specific freq or talkgroup. There's more info here at radioreference search for object oriented scanning.

troymail

Silent Key
Sweeper is looking for locally strong (and/or nearby) signals...

If you're just looking for stuff in your area (close and strong or not), you probably just want to configure a limit search - press the SRCH button and then the F1 (Lmts) softkey and try different ranges - 150-162, 450-470, 769-870, etc.). One "pass" over the range won't be enough - you'll want to let it run for a while in each range. If you set the range too large, you may here something and never really get back there due to the time it takes to cover very large ranges so focus on smaller ranges - try one range this morning, another later today, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.