TRX-1, Multiple Scanlists with Same System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

Can anyone with firmware knowledge help me out with this question?

I have multiple scanlists generated with different talkgroups originating off the same system on my scanner on EZ scan. Does the TRX-1 rescan the entire system per scan list?

troymail

Silent Key
Hi everyone,

Can anyone with firmware knowledge help me out with this question?

I have multiple scanlists generated with different talkgroups originating off the same system on my scanner on EZ scan. Does the TRX-1 rescan the entire system per scan list?
No.

It will only scan the system as many times as it is programmed (assuming it is enabled).

If a system is only programmed one time but talkgroups are spread over multiple scanlists, the system is still only checked once. The scanlists are just logical grouping of talkgroups associated with the same system.

HOWEVER, if you use the duplicate button and now have 2 or more copies of the same system, I believe it will treat each copy of the system as different (scan the system twice).

If no active talkgroups are found, each (or copy of a) system is scanned for only about 1 second.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
No.

It will only scan the system as many times as it is programmed (assuming it is enabled).

If a system is only programmed one time but talkgroups are spread over multiple scanlists, the system is still only checked once. The scanlists are just logical grouping of talkgroups associated with the same system.

HOWEVER, if you use the duplicate button and now have 2 or more copies of the same system, I believe it will treat each copy of the system as different (scan the system twice).

If no active talkgroups are found, each (or copy of a) system is scanned for only about 1 second.

Thanks for getting back, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.