TRX-2: TRX 2 DMR threshold

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Experimenting on a DMR One Freq. system, my talk group i.d.'s are all displaying an 8 digit T.G.I.D. number when they should be three. I have the threshold on my Uniden adjusted, now I am working on the TRX 2... The default threshold setting when in the EDIT SYSTEM function is 88% for Threshold Lo, and the default setting for Threshold HI is 95%. Who has an idea how LO I should go, and how HI I should go on the setting??? I am really asking if I should make a huge adjustment, or something very moderate,, just as an example, in a Uniden the threshold level setting only goes from 8 to 5, to make an effective change. I am going to start with the LO setting down on 58%, the HI on 99%.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
On a One Freq trunk system the thresholds will not make a difference. Those are used in a multi site system to pick the site with the best signal for the CC during the scan.

I have been playing around and at least for me setting the ADC and DAC levels to 0 DSP adjust to 71 and Zeromatic delay at 25 made the most difference for DMR P25 and Nxdn trunk systems

Ubbe

There are no settings in the TRX-2 that will have any impact on DMR decoding success, they are for P25 and could also be for NXDN but haven't checked that. Zeromatic are only used while doing search to filter out frequencies that are not spot on, have nothing to do with digital decode.

/Ubbe

AlphaFive

threshold

Thank you Ubbe. I have left the Zeromatic settings at default. I did experiment with the Zeromatic settings and discovered that they appeared to not apply to the Threshold issue for T.G.I.D. I am not savvy enough to know if that is true, I can only experiment, and I do appreciate the suggestion. Under the Edit Systems function, I have been experimenting with the Threshold LO, and Threshold HI numbers. At this point I am down at 38% on the LO, and up at 95% on the HI. I had left the function at 55% Lo and 58% Hi last night, no change in the eight digit T.G.I.D., (16777215). The system is somewhat quiet, perhaps one transmission per hour, sometimes more, sometimes less. I miss no conversations with the single, long T.G.I.D., I just can't get over the fact that any system would use an 8 digit I.D., me thinks me smells a rat.. Thank you for your help.

AlphaFive

All Call

Bingo, it is a small, private Police Department at a tourist attraction. I believe the All Call talk group function is the answer. Thank You

I have more comparison questions I am going to bring up regarding running the BCD 536 on the system. I am going to ask the Forum Administrator if I might move this to a general forum since I will be straying away from Whistler only,, stand by

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
My suggestion is that you just start a new thread in one of the Uniden support forums to talk about decoding this system with your Uniden scanner.

Ubbe

Whenever you see a strange number in a digital system, use the scientific calculator in Windows and convert it to hex, octal or binary and see what you get.

/Ubbe

AlphaFive

T.G.I.D.

Thank you for that, I saw that years ago when P 25 came onto the scene, if I recall correctly. I had completely forgotten about that process...

Status
Not open for further replies.