TRX-1: TRX users notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone know why the Whistler TRX-1 and 2 when you view the frequencies for a Trunked radio site that
they only show a few of them in EZscan and the radio.
Even though the site has many more frequencies in it.
Does it import them all or just some of them?
I dont think it imports them all.
Perhaps it only needs the control channels? I dunno.....

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Anyone know why the Whistler TRX-1 and 2 when you view the frequencies for a Trunked radio site that
they only show a few of them in EZscan and the radio.
Even though the site has many more frequencies in it.
Does it import them all or just some of them?
I dont think it imports them all.
Perhaps it only needs the control channels? I dunno.....

EZ Scan provides a user setting / option to import (a) all site frequencies or (b) only frequencies marked as control channels.

It sounds like you are set to import only control channels.

racing1

EZ Scan provides a user setting / option to import (a) all site frequencies or (b) only frequencies marked as control channels.

Do I really need all the frequencies or just control channels for p25 phase 1 and 2?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
Do I really need all the frequencies or just control channels for p25 phase 1 and 2?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In theory, all you need are the control channel frequencies.... but...

a. you do not know if the information listed on the RRDB is complete, 100% accurate, and/or current.

b. some systems (Harris) allow for any system/site frequency to become a control channel at any time (and they may not all be listed as such in the RRDB).

If you have solid information that a given system/site is well documented and the primary and alternate control channel frequencies are known/listed, you can probably get away with only those frequencies.

There are some reasons for only programming the control channel frequency/frequencies for any given site but in general, you're probably better off just programming all of them. The risk is simply that the control channel switches to some frequency that you do not have programmed....

SCPD

QRT
yep

Exactly.You are correct sir.Its when you are importing the system that option is there at the bottom.
I though the scanner or ez scan was deleting the frequencies or missing them or didnt need them.LOL!
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.