Pc app updates today at 4pm central time

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi All -
There will be updates to the PC Apps today by 4pm Central time.

Here are the release notes:

•The application, installer, and updater are now digitally signed to help reduce some of the false positive hits that some antivirus products are displaying.

•Fixed an issue where changing the mode on a conventional object between FM and Auto or NFM and AUTO, the CTCSS/DCS/NAC values would be reset to search mode. The App will now preserve the current tone settings when changing between these modes.

• Added a third option to the preferred import options regarding how scanlists are handled on existing objects. This option may be set separately for conventional and talkgroup objects. The Import options screen was redesigned to support this additional option.

Option 1 - Replace scanlists - This option will replace the scanlist memberships on any selected
existing objects with the scanlists selected in the import. This is the default option.
Option 2 - Ignore scanlists - This option will leave the scanlist memberships of any selected existing
object as they were before the import.
Option 3 - Merge scanlists - This option will merge any of the selected scanlists for import that are not
already assigned to an existing selected object. Any scanlist memberships that were already assigned
will remain.

• Added an option to the Advanced menu to access the Import Options screen.

• Changed the talkgroup selection process for importing from the library. Encrypted talkgroup objects are no longer treated differently during the selection process of an import. The options to lock out or not assign an encrypted talkgroup to a scanlist are still supported.

• Fixed an issue when using the preferred import method where some talkgroups that were not selected for import were being imported.

• Added Defaults button to the import options screen to allow an easy return to the factory default values. Please see the help file under the import tab for details on the default settings.

Happy Scanning!

daddyjohn

Thank you Whistler Wendy and team for continuing to improve things!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

W5RGP

All SD Card scanners - TRX-1, TRX-2, WS1080/88, WS1095/98

All that work on the import side now if you could just allow us to export our data that we have worked hard to build so we could have backups
Even if just to a csv or excel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g6fgy

Premium Subscriber
All that work on the import side now if you could just allow us to export our data that we have worked hard to build so we could have backups
Even if just to a csv or excel
Seconded - the lack of an export facility, whilst not detracting from the ability to use the scanner, would certainly add to the value and the time spent searching for and adding our own personal frequencies.

microx

Hello,
Anyone else have an issue with the CPU update for the TRX-1? After downloading the file today, (which was 'CPUUpdater_TRX1_U5.7.exe') my work computers Symantec anti-virus software determined it was infected with a Trojan called 'Trojan.Gen.6' and moved the file to a quarantine. Has anyone else seen this? Is this truly an issue, or just a false alarm? So far, the file for the TRX-2 (CPUUpdater_TRX2_U4.8) hasn't triggered anything, but maybe I haven't waited long enough. It gave me a notice about 30 minutes after downloading it. Mind you, I didn't click on it to install it at all, I had just downloaded it and saved the file to an external HDD for archiving.

Bob

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
Anyone else have an issue with the CPU update for the TRX-1? After downloading the file today, (which was 'CPUUpdater_TRX1_U5.7.exe') my work computers Symantec anti-virus software determined it was infected with a Trojan called 'Trojan.Gen.6' and moved the file to a quarantine. Has anyone else seen this? Is this truly an issue, or just a false alarm? So far, the file for the TRX-2 (CPUUpdater_TRX2_U4.8) hasn't triggered anything, but maybe I haven't waited long enough. It gave me a notice about 30 minutes after downloading it. Mind you, I didn't click on it to install it at all, I had just downloaded it and saved the file to an external HDD for archiving.

Bob

Start a new thread and try using the search function first, if you had you would know it is a FALSE positive.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I still get this ransomeware warning

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 897

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Upgrade worked perfect as always on Win 10 and TRX-1
Many thanks to the Whistle group.

budevans

I still get this ransomeware warning

64000d1526497085-pc-app-updates-today-4pm-central-time-capture.jpg

That's a normal response from Acronis. It simply means Acronis didn't have enough information to make a determination regarding the program, because you were one of the first to download and install it.

I am running Win 10 and Norton. I did the update with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.