1080 partial Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornade

Hi everyone!

Just got a WS1080 (upgraded psr800) and since i'm an uniden guy i'm not figuring out the wildcard thing properly. For now i can add a wildcard TGID without any problems but i'd like to be able to build a partial wildcard TGID. I'm monitoring an edac system and with my uniden scanners i'm able to do it. Let say i want to lockout TGID that start with 14. I add a TALKGROUP with 14---- and i can hear anyone who's talking on any TGID that start with 14 and i can lockout it if i don't want to hear them. Entering all of the tgid starting with 14 is a pain. Anyway to do this on the 1080? I've tried 14---- and 14-*** and the ezscan not accepting it...

Thank you

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
to wildcard on only a limited set subset of talkgroup IDs?

He's monitoring an EDACS system using the Agency-Fleet-Subfleet display method, and it's true with a Uniden. By entering the agency or agency-fleet code only and locking it out, you can lock out any IDs which fall in that range.

GRE/Whistler products will do AFS display, but if I recall correctly do not allow partial IDs (agency or fleet only).

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
He's monitoring an EDACS system using the Agency-Fleet-Subfleet display method, and it's true. By entering the agency or agency-fleet code only and locking it out, you can lock out any IDs which fall in that range.
Alternately, adding only the fleet prefix serves as a wildcard for that category. One of the local EDACS systems (which has now moved to P25 Phase II) used a fleet prefix of 02 for fire. Adding only that prefix resulted in a wildcard for any active fire TGID that was not already programmed, to be received. Other fleet TGIDs, without the 02 usage, were not received unless specifically programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.